+ Reply to Thread

Thread: first post

Post Likes

first post

rinnai doing double duty, dhw and 1200 sq of basement in floor in a cottage on balsam lake ontario

i didn't put the tube in the floor, it all comes out through the sump pit in the worst possible way

Post Likes
    Hard for me to follow, but are you pumping into your air seperator?

Looks good. Very good.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Post Likes
    looks good but is that pipe in front of the pump it could be a pain to service if the pump fails,it might be the angle of your photo keep up the good work

Post Likes
    thanks fellas, here's another, rinnai combi in bolton ontario, reno job .. again i didn't do the tube in the floor & the plumber hasn't hooked in on either side yet .. there's another manifold worth of tube to the left of the picture the customer didn't want to be hooked in yet, but we left provision for it later

to answer your questions;

mr vegas. no sir, pump away .. but i could probably have done with more horizontal lead into the air eliminator to get things more laminar .. sorry its hard to follow, camera phone

mr 36, it's a bit picture angle and a bit tight, agreed .. in retrospect i probably should have 45'ed it out and given my self more clearance for wiggling that cartridge out
    Last edited by KlRadiant; 07-15-2012 at 08:37 AM. Reason: put the pic in as a link .. oops

Post Likes
    wow very nice looking very clean

Post Likes
    Very nice, ever use ISO flanges? There not cheap but work nice.

Post Likes
    the flanges with ball valves built in ??? yea, one of the jobs i did last month my supplier shipped them to me by accident, and i accidentally forgot to say any thing about it

they were grundfos brand and they were very nice, beautifully made

but they add the length of a ball valve on each side of the pump and i felt like they kinda cramped my style a bit as far as getting stuff in tight because they ate up a bunch of extra room .. i have to go back and hook in an indirect when the tilers are done in the mechanical room .. i'll make some pictures when i'm done .. i think they have a place in my tackle box, but not on every pump, too expensive

Post Likes
    Ya those ones, I have a rule I isolate every pump, at 10 pm it saves the customers money when a pump fails.

Post Likes
    i hear ya .. it saves a lot of time in that event trying to purge the air back out of the system

my strategy is i try to isolate sections, and i have been using the expandable taco boxes with the module that turns the pumps on once a day during the off season

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KlRadiant View Post
    i hear ya .. it saves a lot of time in that event trying to purge the air back out of the system

my strategy is i try to isolate sections, and i have been using the expandable taco boxes with the module that turns the pumps on once a day during the off season
    I haven't heard of that. With the outdoor boilers I get a few pumps a year that don't start from the constant fresh water combined with sitting all summer. I will have to look into that. As far as isolation as long as there is something. My favorite is at 9 pm you get a bad pump with no valves on a 2 story house and all cast rads.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    no valves
    that's why god invented sharkbites

Post Likes
    Shark bites aren't that popular around here. I have only used 1 and the oldtimers frown when you say that name. I think there fine myself.

Post Likes
    Sometimes I will try a pump with water in system, just depends on the basement and how picky the customer is.

Post Likes
    shark bites have saved my ass way too many times .. here's a couple of examples;

once i had to remove a system from an industrial unit .. the idiot that built the system had hooked up the make up water into the fire sprinkler system .. i'd shut off the main water supply but the sprinkler shut off was locked in another part of the building .. i cut into the near boiler piping and all hell broke loose .. shoved a 65 gallon garbage can under the torrent and ran to the truck and back just before it overflowed .. shark bite ball valve to the rescue

another time i had to rebuild a system installed in a cottage in the middle of nowhere .. the original retard heating contractor had put the feed lines for a manifold right where the concrete foundation wall met concrete slab ceiling and right beside a huge steel support beam .. of course then an electrician had put a drill through the pex a quarter inch from the wall .. there weren't any of those milwaukee expanders back then, and it was too tight to get the manual expander in there, once again, hats off to shark bite

i don't build systems with shark bites, but in a pinch you can't beat them

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KlRadiant View Post
    shark bites have saved my ass way too many times ..

i don't build systems with shark bites, but in a pinch you can't beat them
    How true!

I have sharkbite fittings with boiler drains on them for use during installs.
    Stops the drip, drip, drip while working and you can drain the water out
    before removing the sharkbite so you don't take a shower.

Post Likes
    It's good to hear others are using them with no bad reports, I think they would be great in certain places. I think I will look into some of them, our Plummer has an emergency kit but won't use it lol.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in