Been thinking about moving to Maryland and looking for some insight on how the jobs are there. We are lookings in Fredrick, Hagerstown area nothing set in stone. I don't have any specific questions just testing the waters to see what the area is like as well as the job market. I now live on Long Island, NY so it will be a little bit of a change but I just got married and we are looking for a new start and it's just to expensive to do it here. Any info would be great.
    Thanks
    Bryan

Born and raised in MD . Poor me I know !! lol
    I now live in PA just over the line from MD . Maryland is a very expensive state to live in .
    I live about 1/2 hour from Fredneck. It used to be the boonies but now it is a big "hub" for Baltimore and Washington DC . You are about 1 hour away with no traffic from either city but about 3 hours away with traffic . As far as the traffic goes IT SUCKS !!! One of the worst Metropolitan areas in the country for traffic . You are from NY though so you should be right @ home. lol

If you go farther west to Hagerstown the problem will be $$ . There is none !!! If I were you I would look just across the MD/PA line in PA . You will get alot more home for the $$ but still close enough to either city for work . Hope this helps some .

Oh I forgot to mention , my house will be on the market soon .

What part of PA? Im looking at the cecil county part of md, but might go into pa if close enough. Hows the pay in the area? Do you own a company or work for one? Thanks for the info.

I am in Hanover PA weber . No where near Cecil County . Although it would take maybe 1 1/2 hours to get there . As for $$ , you would have to work for a Baltimore based company to make any real $$ . The pay here in PA sucks . Mainly because there is no license needed to do a/c work (Journeymens) .