Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by carmon View Post
    load calcs,..... not for me...... always undersized
    How many square ft per ton is your magic number?
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

30 years in the trade in the same city is my magic number....
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

30 years in the trade in the same city is my magic number....
    42 years in the trade , the family 60 and i guess your just smarter!

Well other than you don't know how to do a Manual J correctly! LOL

But please tell us the magic number.

could be.... installed thousands zero trouble .... guess i got lucky....
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Still waiting for that magic number! LOL

I am not saying load calcs are wrong...... its a great tool..... I just prefer the old fashion way....... 2 stage and modulating furnaces ended my load calc days....

Quote Originally Posted by jimj View Post
    42 years in the trade , the family 60 and i guess your just smarter!

Well other than you don't know how to do a Manual J correctly! LOL

But please tell us the magic number.
    You 2 are pro members...you can carry on your conversation via PM....
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he will eat for a lifetime.

Give a man a capacitor, doesn't know what to do. Teach a man to install it, now he knows everything.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkMinute View Post
    I didn't say that if we can save some money that would be great. What I said is that we are not looking for the lowest bid. We got three bids which I believe any educated consumer should do. Each company recommended a different configuration. One recommended top of the line Carrier, the other went mid level Carrier and the third (whom we eliminated) when with a bottom of the barrel condenser paired with a top of the line furnace. We were told by the other two that the recommendation by the third was outrageous

We have Payne now - which we hate and advised all three that we wanted Carrier (and not the bargain basement line).

Any consumer that just gets one bid is out of their minds. Your correct, we don't automatically just trust what someone tells us. We do our homework then make an intelligent decision. We are both in the high tech field for 25 + years so its not difficult for us to grasp an a/c & heating recommendation.

So our number one priority is that the company we use will do a top notch installation and recommend the "correct" configuration for our home. We will then look at the prices (which once I get a new proposal from the company that did the load calculation (as we don't want top of the line Carrier) I'm sure we will have the prices are similar. We live in New YOrk NOTHING is cheap here.
    what you have is the same thing as carrier so if you hate it you dont want carrier, do some rersearch you'll see

Quote Originally Posted by beshvac View Post
    You 2 are pro members...you can carry on your conversation via PM....
    we are ... thanks for the advise

Quote Originally Posted by hvacmike85 View Post
    what you have is the same thing as carrier so if you hate it you dont want carrier, do some rersearch you'll see
    I have a Payne here in NY and a mid size Carrier in our Florida house. The Carrier great!!! The Payne is a pain and a builders grade product.

I'm confident based on experience with it in Florida and what I'm being told now that I will be getting a much better system that is also more reliable.

all a/c units work if installed correctly and maintained.....

Quote Originally Posted by beshvac View Post
    They are probably firing you as a customer.

what people don't realize is this is a trade where skill and knowledge is required. Good contractors take pride in their work.....Pride=Personal. I go the extra mile for my customers....until they don't deserve it. Then.....

"Negative Ghostrider...the pattern is full..."
    I don't know why the first company would fire us. For years we have said nothing but wonderful things about them and given them more customers. In addition, I have written letters praising the tech they have sent to our house. We have been nothing but gracious and appreciative of their expertise.

It wasn't until they made promises for a proposal and kept missing the date then called us on Friday to tell us they won't be giving us one at all because they are too busy - that I let them know I was furious and they were totally unprofessional because we have been waiting weeks for it. NOt to mention that they sent someone to our house to do the load calculation a week earlier. So what happened for them to suddenly not want to give us a proposal and tell us they can't do the work until October?

all a/c units work correctly if installed and sized correctly and maintained.....
    LOL, sorry, you have mail.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast