Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Radiant floor installation

Here is a mid progress video of a Radiant floor installation powered by a WaterFurnace Envision 5 ton water to water system with an 8 port Mitsubishi ductless heat pump for cooling. We also have a lifebreath 300 DCS installed.

http://youtu.be/nwvQX8ArEGM

Tell me what you think. We are doing the flush and fill friday, electrician is hooking up system today. We have not been doing radiant very long and this is our first video of a radiant system.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Very nice as usual. What kind of tubing is that? Do they pour the concrete right over it?
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

It is regain piping. Downstairs is concrete slab and upstairs is gypcrete.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!

Very good looking. The house will be very comfortable.

Why didn't you use ductless heads with water coils means you have the w/w geo unit already.

Quote Originally Posted by JCT View Post
    Why didn't you use ductless heads with water coils means you have the w/w geo unit already.
    We gave options for the Multi Aqua ductless split off the water tanks but the homeowner was not thrilled about having water lines running through his house(yes i know they already have lots of water lines and are in the second floor) but he did not trust them in his walls no covered in concrete and liked the Mitsubishi 8 port idea better.

Cost

Was the central HRV a big job? or is a simple duct system?

So, is the radiant Heat enough to satisfy the Heat-Load requirements or does need supplement from the mini's?

Is this 5-ton w-w large enough for the heating load?

Do you think the mini's were justifiable instead of standard ductwork and using a Chilled water coil instead?

I'm always interested in the best possible systems concerning cost and time for my clients. Which way would be better?

Quote Originally Posted by arc8 View Post
    Was the central HRV a big job? or is a simple duct system?
    Define big job lol. We pulled out of the sleeping areas upstairs and then had a central dump location in the hallway. Ideally I would have liked another one or two areas pulling from downstairs with an additional dump location downstairs.

So, is the radiant Heat enough to satisfy the Heat-Load requirements or does need supplement from the mini's?
    Yes the radiant will take care of the house's full heat load with no backup heat strips.

Is this 5-ton w-w large enough for the heating load?
    Same answer as above, yes the 5 ton unit will have capacity for 100% heating load down to about 15 degree outdoor temperature(which we see once every 10 years)

Do you think the mini's were justifiable instead of standard ductwork and using a Chilled water coil instead?
    No they were not, customer however refused to have ductwork in the house except the minimal ducting for the HRV which is why we didn't duct some places downstairs to the HRV. Customers only wanted mini splits and did not want the multi aqua mini splits so we really only had one option that was suitable for them.

I'm always interested in the best possible systems concerning cost and time for my clients. Which way would be better?
    If this was my house I would have ducted the cooling on a two to four zone system as for the best bang for my buck and then I would have strip heat as a backup but we always meet the customers requests first so long as what they are requesting will work. Their designs are not always cost effective IMHO but if they are willing to pay I will design it their way.

Nice looking floor and manifolds. Nice to see that you didn't stick the manifold in the basement and pipe each loop up two floors. I see that too much these days and it drives me nuts.

Had an un roller too, till it got liberated.

Keep up the good work.

Looks real nice. We have done some, but not that popular around here, or maybe we're just too expensive....
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    Looks real nice. We have done some, but not that popular around here, or maybe we're just too expensive....
    To expensive, we are doing our third radiant floor home in about a month. For every 10 people that say they want one, about 1 person actually goes forward with it. I think we are in the $8 per sq foot range for radiant, PLUS the boiler or geo system to create the heat.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHeating View Post
    To expensive, we are doing our third radiant floor home in about a month. For every 10 people that say they want one, about 1 person actually goes forward with it. I think we are in the $8 per sq foot range for radiant, PLUS the boiler or geo system to create the heat.
    Are you including the gypsum cement (if needed) in that cost? Tubing and manifolds, here, is usually around $4 + topping

Quote Originally Posted by SolarMike View Post
    Are you including the gypsum cement (if needed) in that cost? Tubing and manifolds, here, is usually around $4 + topping
    Yes, storage tank, gypcrete, manifolds,piping, instalation etc. we are also in an expensive area of the country, can't do a 95 2 stage and ac for less than 10k.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast