Post Likes
    Which tools are better?

Post Likes

Talking

it all about how easy it is to replace
    I know were Sear or K-mart is all the time
    doing one call at a time.

Post Likes
    Believe me Craftsman's tools are great! but there is no comparison Snap On are better just check each one out on ebay and you will see which brings the most money even used.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes

Talking

I agree with mrbillpro
    snap on, Mack tools
    are all good
    but still Sears is their no need to hunt
    doing one call at a time.

Post Likes
    Sears at one time was better, their 1/2" drive ratchets lasted for years. They'd give you a rebuild kit if they went bad but they changed the design, no more kits now. About as fast as you exchange one it'll go bad! The reverse lever will lock up when you put some real pressure on them and you have to smack it against something to get it to release! They still exchange/replace all their tools but their 1/2" drive aren't as good anymore.
    Bill

Post Likes
    its getting harder and harder to find a snap on tool rep in my area,also you pay that extra $$ for the service!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by jdm2447
    its getting harder and harder to find a snap on tool rep in my area,also you pay that extra $$ for the service!
    Go to a local auto repair shop and ask about their next visit.
    Bill

Post Likes
    Snap-on and Mac are much better than craftsman. Took a 1/2" drive craftsman socket to remove a crankshaft pulley - crack.

I usually flag them down when they are visiting local auto shops when I drive by.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by keepitsimplestupid
    Snap-on and Mac are much better than craftsman. Took a 1/2" drive craftsman socket to remove a crankshaft pulley - crack.

I usually flag them down when they are visiting local auto shops when I drive by.
    I agree, Snap-on are superior to Craftsman and just about anything else out there. Although, in the field of Air condtioning and Heating I would not think they are worth the extra cost or the convienece of going to a Sear store to buy or replace under warranty. Snap-On are only worth it if your a professional Auto Mechanic, in my estimation anyways. Snap-On ratchets are geared smaller and quicker for mechanical work. Plus has anyone ever saw their catalogue of tools? It's amazing what is available.

Thorton

Post Likes
    I have a lot of both and like the quality of both in wrenches and such, but Snap-on is a bit better. I'd say Snap-on is about twice as good at about three times the cost.

When it comes to snips and some power tools, I stay away from Craftsman altogether and Snap-on just brand names other brands that you can get for much less under the original brand name.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    The price of Snap-on tools are over the top here in the Netherlands, but if i see them shine in a catalogue it makes me horney

Btw Scandia, Bahco, and Sandvick, are own by Snap-on.
    Btw i have done a servicecall at the sawfactory of Sandvick, there saws are sent all over the world custom made!
    .................................................. ......................
    ---------Holland aint flat !!! it is hollow !----------- first thing my mommy told me was : learn to swim

Post Likes
    Craftsman used to be a very respectable brand in the 50's and 60's. They're still ok, but nothing like they used to be. The free replacement is nice (on the limited number of tools it applies to), but personally I'm much more likely to lose something than break it.

I don't feel nearly so bad about leaving a $3 driver as I would a $30 one.

Snap-on, Mac, Matco, etc doesn't leave the shop.
    "If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a KA." - Albert Einstein

It's later than you think.

Post Likes
    Craftsman makes the WORST rachets I've ever used....however their screwdrivers are great for prying.If a wrench is in your hand 8 hrs a day, you go with the Snap-on or Mac tools.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by smokin68
    Craftsman makes the WORST rachets I've ever used....however their screwdrivers are great for prying.If a wrench is in your hand 8 hrs a day, you go with the Snap-on or Mac tools.
    If you have a wrench in your hand 8 hrs a day, you must work on a assembly line someplace and not in the HVAC business.
    Bill

Post Likes
    What do you use the prybars for? Driving nails? Oh wait, thats what pliers are used for.
    There's TREACHERY AFOOT!!!

Post Likes
    Proto tools by stanley are very good,lifetime warranty, Graiger sells them.

Post Likes
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by mcr
    What do you use the prybars for? Driving nails? Oh wait, thats what pliers are used for.

You don't need a prybar for anything when you have Craftsman screwdrivers.....and I drive nails with the rachets thank you.

Post Likes
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by smokin68
    Originally posted by mcr

You don't need a prybar for anything when you have Craftsman screwdrivers.....and I drive nails with the rachets thank you.
    When you drive those nails do you have the compementary 2 foot pipe on the end for more hitting power?
    There's TREACHERY AFOOT!!!

Post Likes
    I got a bit of everything and the best hand mechanic tools I ever owned were S&K. Never broke one of there ratchets, and they double as hammers as well.
    Not here for a long time, just a good time

XXXXXX

Post Likes
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by mcr
    Originally posted by mcr

When you drive those nails do you have the compementary 2 foot pipe on the end for more hitting power?
    Nah. I use the pipe when I need a breaker-bar.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in