Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Science?

Atheists' solution - untestable "science"

What scientific evidence exists to support the multiverse model? None! Not only is there no evidence, the physics of our own universe requires that we will never be able to obtain evidence about any other universe (even if it does exist). Therefore this belief is, and always will be, based solely upon blind faith (sounds like a new religion to me)! Why are some cosmologists "uncomfortable" with the idea that the cosmological constant (lambda) is so finely tuned? Simply because such fine tuning suggests design and (oh no!) a Designer. A hypothetical, untestable, complicated model of a super universe is the only alternative to belief in God. Such belief is not based upon science, since science requires that hypotheses be testable, but is based solely on the "hope" (i.e., belief) that there is no personal God to Whom we will be personally accountable.

Why would you think interplanetary travel is impossible, it will be available before the end of this century

Originally posted by acmanko
    Why would you think interplanetary travel is impossible, it will be available before the end of this century
    Interplanetary travel is already a reality. We have sent probes to mars, and through out the solar system. The next step is to physically go there with humans aboard. The only apparent obstacle is funding.

Originally posted by fourgs
    Atheists' solution - untestable "science"

What scientific evidence exists to support the multiverse model? None! Not only is there no evidence, the physics of our own universe requires that we will never be able to obtain evidence about any other universe (even if it does exist).
    Quantum mechanics.......study it.

Therefore this belief is, and always will be, based solely upon blind faith (sounds like a new religion to me)!
    What's your rush? Give science a few years, all will be revealed.

Why are some cosmologists "uncomfortable" with the idea that the cosmological constant (lambda) is so finely tuned? Simply because such fine tuning suggests design and (oh no!) a Designer.
    What evidence do you have that it is finely tuned? To what is it tuned?

A hypothetical, untestable, complicated model of a super universe is the only alternative to belief in God.
    You are committing the fallacy of false dilemna. Belief in god is just one of the many hypotheses available.

Such belief is not based upon science, since science requires that hypotheses be testable, but is based solely on the "hope" (i.e., belief) that there is no personal God to Whom we will be personally accountable.
    Oh, I think they are mostly motivated by curiosity rather than a fear being held accountable to non-exsistent deity.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

A faith based assumption.

Since science rarely answers more questions than it creates, I see no evidence that science will reveal all ever, let alone in a few years.

However, your faith is strong and you can pray to the science demi-Gods for your salvation.

Originally posted by skrewt

A faith based assumption.
    Nope, just convinced by the tremendous success of science in explaining our world and the Universe.

Perhaps you are still convinced lightning bolts are supernatural events.

Since science rarely answers more questions than it creates, I see no evidence that science will reveal all ever, let alone in a few years.
    Probably because your reading material tends to be confined to the Sean Hannity Newsletter and the latest Archie comics.

Your opinions would tend to be less foolish and bereft of credibility if you widened your reading habits.

However, your faith is strong and you can pray to the science demi-Gods for your salvation.
    Salvation? I don't need no stinking salvation.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Todays fiction is tomorrows fact. If we can think it; then its only a matter of time before we build it.

Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

"Todays fiction is tomorrows fact. If we can think it; then its only a matter of time before we build it."

Then it's easy enough to conclude somebody was there before and built it already.

"What scientific evidence exists to support the multiverse model?..." "Quantum mechanics.......study it."

This is your answer? Sounds like you know nothing about the topic.

Therefore this belief is, and always will be, based solely upon blind faith (sounds like a new religion to me)!

Good. Start your hypothesis on God and "all will be revealed."

Such belief is not based upon science, since science requires that hypotheses be testable, ....
    Oh, I think they are mostly motivated by curiosity rather than a fear being held accountable to non-exsistent deity.

This is a very weak response. Basis for your claim? None.

Originally posted by sysint

This is your answer? Sounds like you know nothing about the topic.
    I'm helping the science challenged broaden their science knowledge.

Give a man a fish..........etc.

This is a very weak response. Basis for your claim? None.
    The basis of science is curiosity.

Chapman Cohen

Originally posted by sysint

Good. Start your hypothesis on God and "all will be revealed."
    Well, he has had thousands of years and has utterly failed at correct explanations, so I think I'll stick with a far younger but infinitely more successful system, science.

Chapman Cohen

Time isn't the same for God as it is to you.

From God's standpoint thousands of years isn't much time to prove man is a total failure at ruling themselves.

It's entirely possible he had to wait until mankind's science" got anywhere close to understanding the things he has made before he makes his next move.

Your "scientists" of the past believed many stupid things and even today believe many stupid things but today there is more of a total case put together.

When you say "correct explanations", explaining what?

More importantly, why does God owe you an explanation?

You cant mix religion and science you guys. One requires an open mind and the other does not. Had it not been for astronomy; there would not be other planets, had it not been for the microscope; demons would be making us ill and blood letting would still be practiced.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast