+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fieldpiece

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    Same basic design. More people wanted to be able to read it at distance over compact. The micron gauge is very accurate and all i can say is it be be officially available soon. It also does temp drop wirelessly so you can view the temps inside at the evap while you are outside at the condenser.
    Russ you're killin' me!

BTW will the MBA case for the SMAN 3 also hold the SMAN 4?

Post Likes
    Yes same case will work

Post Likes
    I purchased a new sman3 last year. Do not remember when. I think it was less than a year ago. The first one kept powering down during first week. Supplier replaced. Then the second one had one of the temp clamps break. Had that replaced. Then had internal leak on high side valve. Replaced valve. Then low side gauge began leaking. Replaced valve. Then the other clamp broke at pivot. Before I could replace that one. Had gauges hanging by hook and hook pulled out and under gauges was a puddle of water. Pulled batteries and removed back to dry out. But will not power up. Supplier said that they have had a couple of these units have the hook pull out. Supplier does not want to warranty. What next?

Post Likes
    We had the issues on some of the units before a certain serial number. It sounds like you got replacements from only the first generation. The returns haven't actually been all that high but have made improvements to make them better. PM me with your address and I'll overnight you a brand new one.

Post Likes
    We had the issues on some of the units before a certain serial number. It sounds like you got replacements from only the first generation. The returns haven't actually been all that high but have made improvements to make them better. PM me with your address and I'll overnight you a brand new one.

now that's the kind of service i got on my SMAN! And that's why I will keep advocating and buying Fieldpiece.

Post Likes
    On vacation and brought my HS36 by to have it checked, local repair place in my area could not find any issue.
    Jeremy got me back on the road under half an hour.
    Thanks

Post Likes
    I picked up the HS36 today, I really like the magnet on the back! I also have a Sc76 but the HS36 seems like it has the potential to do so much more, and like I said I really like the magnet on the back!

Post Likes
    I use my HS36 to check submersible pumps all the time. They are the best meter I have ever bought. Not only does it have all off the features I need(Volts, ohms up to 40m, remote amp head, microfarads for my control boxes, temp for water heaters, backflow, and incoming water temps, frequency for vfd's, DC volts for battery backup systems, The back light is great for well pits and basements. The accuracy is very important, as i must be quite sure of the problem before I pull a 1000' deep submersible pump, or a Texas Turbine.

Post Likes
    I'm just using it for basic residential A/C, Gas furnaces and boilers and occasional commercial rooftops. The SC76 was nice don't get me wrong but having a free hand plus the potential to use all differant tools with the heads is great, the including amp meter i feel is much more like true amp meter much like the Fluke, the one of the SC76 gave me a general idea but wasn't all that accurate.

Post Likes
    My dads been using the og stick meter forever, only meters we use. And I just bought myself the HS33

Post Likes
    Check out the newest from Fieldpiece. It's wireless!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVZI_...y9qcEcS_lXdSyA

Post Likes
    Really like that Russ. Any plans for a wireless SC56. The SC57 looks so close to being a hands down ultimate meter.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Well basically the SC57 is the wireless version of the SC56. What features are missing from the SC57?

Post Likes
    The dual display and resistance range are big ones.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    The dual display and resistance range are big ones.
    I can do without the dual display, but the ohm range makes it useless as an all in one hvac meter.

Post Likes
    Is there a way to get the hs36 to beep beep to check continuity?

Post Likes
    The continuity range is the first switch position to the right and it does have a beeper for continuity. If yours doesn't work, first check that your leads are good and give us a call at 714 634 1844 for support.

Post Likes
    Russell, why does my SC56 not auto range down into millivolts? It says it is an auto ranging meter, but I have to manually set it to millivolts.

Post Likes
    The continuity range is the first switch position to the right and it does have a beeper for continuity. If yours doesn't work, first check that your leads are good and give us a call at 714 634 1844 for support.
    Thanks I guess I should have RFI...

Orange County, in a Galaxy far far away...
    Post Likes
    I recently visited field piece again, to return the spare clamp head they gaveme and got my hs33 recalibrated. Another new clamp, new leads, and the tech adjusted my co detector.

Meanwhile there was a man on the roof throwing protoype equipment off it.

Just another day at the office I guess!!

Thanks again:0)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in