Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Results 118 to 130 of 134

Thread: Fieldpiece

  1. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    52
    The SC77. The sheer jump in quality and trust in my meter has been significant. Next fieldpiece purchase will likely be a set of SMAN3 or SMAN4 manifolds. Probably in a few months

  2. #119
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    80
    Still got my 8 year old SC66...works every time.

  3. #120
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,412
    I have been using a SC76 for over a decade... just found the DC volts does not seem to work well anymore. Would not have known other than checking a battery... never use DC volts.

    I have an SC77 for a backup... rarely use it. One of these days the 76 will die and the 77 will become the main meter.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  4. #121
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I have been using a SC76 for over a decade... just found the DC volts does not seem to work well anymore. Would not have known other than checking a battery... never use DC volts.

    I have an SC77 for a backup... rarely use it. One of these days the 76 will die and the 77 will become the main meter.
    This is my personal favorite

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q71dN...y9qcEcS_lXdSyA

  5. #122
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    NTexas
    Posts
    79
    Besides the price, what is the difference between the SC56 and the SC55?

    edit: The video explains the difference at the very end. I think I'm going to go with the 56 even though it's a bit more in price. I like the inrush current feature.

  6. #123
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Orlando,FL
    Posts
    226
    I have a question concerning the SMAN3. On my third one due to the high side malfunctioning. Any truth to what I have been told about nitrogen causing issues with the sensor(s) ? I have heard about others having the same issue.

  7. #124
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    wedged in freezer shelf
    Posts
    6,967
    Inert gas causing issues........ Never heard that one
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

  8. #125
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by marybear View Post
    I have a question concerning the SMAN3. On my third one due to the high side malfunctioning. Any truth to what I have been told about nitrogen causing issues with the sensor(s) ? I have heard about others having the same issue.
    I always flush my SMAN3 with nitrogen after each use, and have never had any problems with the sensors! I know a few people with SMAN's and most of them flush with nitrogen after each use and never have had problems. Maybe check your Nitrogen regulator or maybe the hose for some type of contamination?! Just trying to help out if I can.
    Good Luck

  9. #126
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,412
    I know I am throwing gasoline on the fire... sometimes it is fun...

    My DC is 7+ years old... I have ABUSED the sensors to death (hit with pressures over 500#, pulled vacuums through the manifold then hit with release of refrigerant, sensors have never been cleaned, never flushed the manifold)... not a single issue with them.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  10. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I know I am throwing gasoline on the fire... sometimes it is fun...

    My DC is 7+ years old... I have ABUSED the sensors to death (hit with pressures over 500#, pulled vacuums through the manifold then hit with release of refrigerant, sensors have never been cleaned, never flushed the manifold)... not a single issue with them.
    What was the name of that brand ....? ....Diggi Spew?

    (ga-hvac-tech, it's also amusing to throw in a rejoinder..)

  11. #128
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    6,051
    Yeah that's exactly what I want to do......flush the manifold each time? Nope.

  12. #129
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,412
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    What was the name of that brand ....? ....Diggi Spew?

    (ga-hvac-tech, it's also amusing to throw in a rejoinder..)
    Yeah, it just keeps spewing out ACCURATE readings day after day after day after day after day... All I have to do is change the battery 3-4 times a year.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  13. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Yeah, it just keeps spewing out ACCURATE readings day after day after day after day after day... All I have to do is change the battery 3-4 times a year.
    1spew
    verb \ˈspyü\
    Definition of SPEW
    intransitive verb
    1
    : vomit
    2
    : to come forth in a flood or gush
    3
    : to ooze out as if under pressure : exude
    transitive verb
    1
    : vomit
    2
    : to send or cast forth with vigor or violence or in great quantity <a volcano spewing out ash> —often used with out
    — spew·er noun
    See spew defined for English-language learners »
    See spew defined for kids »
    Examples of SPEW

    Exhaust spewed out of the car.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event