+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fieldpiece

Post Likes
    Here's that footage you saw...And yep, just another day at the office.

http://youtu.be/yVZI_YSn7oc

Post Likes
    Russ I'm ready to buy a SC57 but the 9999Ω range is stopping me every time.
    Ohming out common hvac things like switches and thermistors this meter will not be capable of Is this an easy fix or is the display limited in the current version?........ so I know how long to hold out for improvements.
    Also is it possible to include one EH4W handle with the SC57 in stead of one ET2W transmitter. The ET2W transmitter with the SC57 is useless as a package. With a SC57/EH4W combo you are buying a wireless system that can be used out of the box.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Iceman,

In this case the fix isn't quick because of chip capability and cost. Of course we are working on the next version (because we are always working on improving) but it won't be out tomorrow.

Post Likes
    Could you whip out a high ohm range accessory head
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    hey russell, I have a problem with the Clamp Meter on my HS36, I noticed when it is free standing its reading .3 amps so when i am taking amperage readings it throws off the amperage reading. When I use the other features it seems to be fine like checking voltage and temperatures, anything we can do about getting a new clamp attachment? I've only had this meter for 2 months.

Post Likes

> 600V?

Not really interested in the wireless, but I'm wondering if you fixed the "OL" with anything over 600V?
    I loved the SC56, but it didn't get much use because of that little issue.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ault51 View Post
    All,

I just want to let everyone know that we at Fieldpiece appreciate and pay attention to the comments and feedback on this site. We understand how important your tools and test equipment are for your trade and are dedicated to make HVACR products you can trust. If that trust wavers, we stand behind our products 100% and strive to handle any issues that arise as fast and as professionally as possible.

On another note, sometimes we tune out of threads if the content turns to mud slinging or other less constructive detours. If you have some feedback or a question or a concern, I recommend calling or sending either Russ or me a message. We might miss things if they are buried in a thread.

For the most part, the guys that are willing to take the time to do research and participate in communities such as this are at the top of the heap and care the most about their trade and doing quality work. That's why we pay attention.

Travis
    Thank you Travis and Russ for doing all that you do. You guys are definitely a step above the other guys that aren't as involved. I've been a long time FP supporter, since the start of my career 10 short years ago.

The only product I am looking for is a smaller SC77 meter Make it nice and compact like the SC53 size

everything else is awesome, thank you guys for your support and help!!!!
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    Beachtech, thanks for the support! As for the SC77 in the size of the SC53, I'll meet you half way with the SC55 and if you want TRMS then i'll point you to the SC56.

Post Likes
    dreg,

Most of our meters only go up to 600V because of the Cat III rating. We can make a Cat IV rated meter if we wanted but we haven't gotten too many requests for meters needing more than that. Can you give me specific applications you do and the type of equipment you are working on?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dreg View Post
    Not really interested in the wireless, but I'm wondering if you fixed the "OL" with anything over 600V?
    I loved the SC56, but it didn't get much use because of that little issue.
    dreg,

Most of our meters only go up to 600V because of the Cat III rating. We can make a Cat IV rated meter if we wanted but we haven't gotten too many requests for meters needing more than that. Can you give me specific applications you do and the type of equipment you are working on?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    dreg,

Hey Russell,
    I had brought this to your attention when I first came across this, but never heard anything further from your office.
    I'm in Canada, nothing special with the equipment, typical voltage here 575V. We probably see this reach as high as 620?
    208, 460, 595.. no problem. >600.. O.L. and time to grab another meter.

Like I said, I loved the meter, but I can't even bother to carry it around because of that.

Post Likes
    Beachtech, thanks for the support! As for the SC77 in the size of the SC53, I'll meet you half way with the SC55 and if you want TRMS then i'll point you to the SC56.
    I had my local dealer order in the 56 for me about 8 months ago. It's is as big as the 77 IMHO and not compact enough for my every day needs. so i roll with a SC46 until i need to ohm something out in a higher scale.

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    I had my local dealer order in the 56 for me about 8 months ago. It's is as big as the 77 IMHO and not compact enough for my every day needs. so i roll with a SC46 until i need to ohm something out in a higher scale.
    The swivel makes it as tall but it's significantly slimmer. But we'll keep on working on the perfect meter.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dreg View Post
    Hey Russell,
    I had brought this to your attention when I first came across this, but never heard anything further from your office.
    I'm in Canada, nothing special with the equipment, typical voltage here 575V. We probably see this reach as high as 620?
    208, 460, 595.. no problem. >600.. O.L. and time to grab another meter.

Like I said, I loved the meter, but I can't even bother to carry it around because of that.
    We get hardly any requests from Canada on this. Are you working on commercial HVAC and Refrigeration?

Post Likes
    My SC56 fits nicely in my Veto LC. It has to be the best all-in-one meter I've ever had. Less bulky than the Fluke 902 it replaced.

I recently bought a SC76 for a backup meter. Got it slightly used on ebay.

Russell, my SC56 does not auto range down to millivolts. Is this something that can be corrected?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    My SC56 fits nicely in my Veto LC. It has to be the best all-in-one meter I've ever had. Less bulky than the Fluke 902 it replaced.

Russell, my SC56 does not auto range down to millivolts. Is this something that can be corrected?
    The SC56 does need to be manual ranged down to millivolts. With the button that looks like a target. It's just how that particular chip works.

Post Likes
    The SC56 does need to be manual ranged down to millivolts. With the button that looks like a target. It's just how that particular chip works.
    I can do that, but it doesn't really meet the definition of "auto-ranging".

Post Likes
    We get hardly any requests from Canada on this. Are you working on commercial HVAC and Refrigeration?
    Then there aren't many SC56s here, or they're all going to residential only techs. (I purchased my meter online, couldn't find one locally at the time.)

Yes, all commercial for me.

Post Likes
    And just to confirm you are talking about HVAC and refrigeration only Commercial units. And you are probably correct that most of our meters do go to residential and light commercial techs in places besides the US.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post

unless am doing a major repair, i only carry a Veto TP3 on a leather tool belt with a drill holster on the opposite side. So in my get up, space is crucial. but nonetheless, i can get %90 of repairs done with only the few tools i carry, and not have to carry around all the extra weight. Also it free's up my hands to carry a ladder or refrigerant or etc. etc. etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in