Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Fieldpiece

Tomorrow is the day I purchase. Still havent fully decided, but my old craftsman meter is no longer trustworthy. When you get readings of 300A on a blower motor that has a rating of 4A, you know your meter is toasted

Quote Originally Posted by northstarair View Post
    Tomorrow is the day I purchase. Still havent fully decided, but my old craftsman meter is no longer trustworthy. When you get readings of 300A on a blower motor that has a rating of 4A, you know your meter is toasted
    FP hs36, I love this meter and trust it with my life daily.

I'm leaning towards the 77.

Quote Originally Posted by northstarair View Post
    I'm leaning towards the 77.
    I prefer the SC56 over the SC77. The swivel clamp make life easier.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiegoodfellar View Post
    I prefer the SC56 over the SC77. The swivel clamp make life easier.
    I found out the other day that the temperature function on my SC56 doesn't work. I loved that meter until I discovered this, now I'm not so sure about the build quality. I typically toss a meter in the dumpster if one of the functions quits or gets out of whack because I no longer feel that I can trust the remaining functions either. If anyone wants it I'll take 100 bucks for it. I accept paypal.

Last edited by hvacrmedic; 01-30-2013 at 11:55 PM. Reason: double post

Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post
    I found out the other day that the temperature function on my SC56 doesn't work. I loved that meter until I discovered this, now I'm not so sure about the build quality. I typically toss a meter in the dumpster if one of the functions quits or gets out of whack because I no longer feel that I can trust the remaining functions either. If anyone wants it I'll take 100 bucks for it. I got it shortly after they were released, so it's definitly used and has some cosmetic wear, but it isn't beat up either. I accept paypal, and will post some high res pics upon request.
    What doesn't work on it? Is the range off or does it not read at all?

Quote Originally Posted by eddiegoodfellar View Post
    What doesn't work on it? Is the range off or does it not read at all?
    It doesn't read at all. Sometimes it'll flash 32 degrees for a second before blanking out. On second thought, I had better check out all of the functions before selling it to anyone. I haven't used all of the functions recently, I mainly use amps, ac volts, ohms, and capacitance. I should probably test them all for accuracy using my Fluke 289.

It doesn't read at all. Sometimes it'll flash 32 degrees for a second before blanking out. On second thought, I had better check out all of the functions before selling it to anyone. I haven't used all of the functions recently, I mainly use amps, ac volts, ohms, and capacitance. I should probably test them all for accuracy using my Fluke 289.
    might be a loose connection in your thermocouple

Quote Originally Posted by knave View Post
    might be a loose connection in your thermocouple
    Naw, it isn't that. I tried several different t-couples and even took the back off the meter. Nothing was loose. I tried the calibration screw and could get it to read for a few seconds with it turned all the way to one of the stops, but it would still blank out and then of course wasn't registering the correct temperature either, so I gave up on it. It's just broken. A also installed a new battery but that didn't help either.

Other than when I was checking out all the features when I first unboxed it, I've never actually used the temperature function of my SC56.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

It doesn't read at a . I should probably test them all for accuracy using my Fluke 289.

Fluke 289..USA made... I could not agree more. And at $500 a pop it says quite a bit about the quality of tools the buyer owns.

Do you try to short it out if it will read a cold junction. Not sure if it works like that on this meter.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast