Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Fieldpiece

Sold my new SMAN 3 to day in anticipation of the SMAN 4.

Sman 4 ???? I wonder how different it will be 3 is huge that's why I don't like it

main differences i see in the 3 and 4 is for one u get a 4 port manifold and it has some wireless capabilities... pretty ticked off about it because it says the are readily available online but wholesale house says they cant give me pricing cause the sman4 still is unavailable.

Quote Originally Posted by drife678 View Post
    main differences i see in the 3 and 4 is for one u get a 4 port manifold and it has some wireless capabilities... pretty ticked off about it because it says the are readily available online but wholesale house says they cant give me pricing cause the sman4 still is unavailable.
    They are NOT readily available yet cause they have not been released.

But you CAN pre-order one if you want to pay the the suggested Fieldpiece Trade PRice of $562.

Personally, I am gonna wait 'til the dust settles and then buy an SMAN for.

Was told it would be a few more weeks..but who knows for sure?

They are not readily available online. Some distributors (both online and brick and mortar) caught wind of the SMAN and started leaking the info early.

I had a test equipment problem. Fieldpiece (Thanks, James) and their authorized dealer in Benton, Arkansas( Thanks, Chris) made it good the same day. Who is going to beat that.

Will the same concept be used or is there some redesign. As I said they where pretty big and bulky. When should I see them on the supply house. Also I probably have the answer to this question ;but the micron gauge is it accurate and can I rely on it.

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    Will the same concept be used or is there some redesign. As I said they where pretty big and bulky. When should I see them on the supply house. Also I probably have the answer to this question ;but the micron gauge is it accurate and can I rely on it.
    Same basic design. More people wanted to be able to read it at distance over compact. The micron gauge is very accurate and all i can say is it be be officially available soon. It also does temp drop wirelessly so you can view the temps inside at the evap while you are outside at the condenser.

Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    Same basic design. More people wanted to be able to read it at distance over compact. The micron gauge is very accurate and all i can say is it be be officially available soon. It also does temp drop wirelessly so you can view the temps inside at the evap while you are outside at the condenser.
    Russ you're killin' me!

BTW will the MBA case for the SMAN 3 also hold the SMAN 4?

Yes same case will work

I purchased a new sman3 last year. Do not remember when. I think it was less than a year ago. The first one kept powering down during first week. Supplier replaced. Then the second one had one of the temp clamps break. Had that replaced. Then had internal leak on high side valve. Replaced valve. Then low side gauge began leaking. Replaced valve. Then the other clamp broke at pivot. Before I could replace that one. Had gauges hanging by hook and hook pulled out and under gauges was a puddle of water. Pulled batteries and removed back to dry out. But will not power up. Supplier said that they have had a couple of these units have the hook pull out. Supplier does not want to warranty. What next?

We had the issues on some of the units before a certain serial number. It sounds like you got replacements from only the first generation. The returns haven't actually been all that high but have made improvements to make them better. PM me with your address and I'll overnight you a brand new one.

Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    We had the issues on some of the units before a certain serial number. It sounds like you got replacements from only the first generation. The returns haven't actually been all that high but have made improvements to make them better. PM me with your address and I'll overnight you a brand new one.

now that's the kind of service i got on my SMAN! And that's why I will keep advocating and buying Fieldpiece.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast