Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

WHO CAN TELL ME ABOUT THE ....

...SC 57?

http://www.trutechtools.com/SC57

http://fieldpiece.com/clamp-meters/sc57

it's identical to the sc56 which i own. but it has wireless capabilities.

If it is identical I'd like two of them.
    They are not identical from the last time I looked.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

I'm stuck in which one to order. The 56 or 57.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    I'm stuck in which one to order. The 56 or 57.
    The SC56 has useful functions that are missing from the SC57.
    I'd go with the SC56, and if you want to be able to use a wireless head or two, without going all in on the HVAC Guide system and/or SMAN4, just get the wireless electronic handle to act as the receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    it's identical to the sc56 which i own. but it has wireless capabilities.
    I thought so too, but it was recently pointed out to me that the SC57 does not have several of the functions that the SC56 does.
    The SC57 has the same functions as a SC54, with the addition of the wireless capability.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Which functions? Also how critical could these missing functions be?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Got an new SC76 the other day for a 'C' note at a supply house... it had dust on the box... they 'gave' it away.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

FP does not have the 57 in my catalog. I am in the dark if it's latest edition or not.

Would some one share with me how the 57 performed on the job and how do you feel about it as a worthwhile addition to one's tool collection?

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    The SC56 has useful functions that are missing from the SC57.
    I'd go with the SC56, and if you want to be able to use a wireless head or two, without going all in on the HVAC Guide system and/or SMAN4, just get the wireless electronic handle to act as the receiver.

I thought so too, but it was recently pointed out to me that the SC57 does not have several of the functions that the SC56 does.
    The SC57 has the same functions as a SC54, with the addition of the wireless capability.
    Mark, which function does the 57 lack?. Web page does not have side by side comparison.Description lists the usual function mandatory to the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Mark, which function does the 57 lack?. Web page does not have side by side comparison.Description lists the usual function mandatory to the industry.
    I know the sc56 has inrush and duty cycle, which I believe the 57 lacks. I could be wrong. I was trying to decide myself not to long ago and have pretty much settled on the 56 mainly because I don't feel the wireless functionality offsets losing functions with the current cost increase.

Oh the 57 can only go up to 9999 ohms, I end up dealing with resistors going up to 40k ohms so the 56 with its 50m ohms scale makes better sense for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    The functions that the SC57 lacks, compared to the SC56, are:

DC millivolts
    Low amp range
    Dual display
    Inrush
    Ohms from 9999-40,000,000

The SC57 doesn't even rate as high as the SC54 (lower end of the series), given that the SC54 does have a DC millivolt range.

If you want wireless just get the wireless handle, as already suggested. If you want an hvac clamp meter, then get the SC56. The SC56 is the best clamp meter (featurewise) that Fieldpiece has to offer, and IMO the best clamp meter in its class across all brands.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post
    The functions that the SC57 lacks, compared to the SC56, are:

DC millivolts
    Low amp range
    Dual display
    Inrush
    Ohms from 9999-40,000,000

The SC57 doesn't even rate as high as the SC54 (lower end of the series), given that the SC54 does have a DC millivolt range.

If you want wireless just get the wireless handle, as already suggested. If you want an hvac clamp meter, then get the SC56. The SC56 is the best clamp meter (featurewise) that Fieldpiece has to offer, and IMO the best clamp meter in its class across all brands.
    That's what I intend to use it for...wireless operation....going full blown wireless on the SMAN4. I have already ordered the 57 and the wet bulb test head to start the process.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast