Thread: TRANE VARITRAC

I am installing a VERITRAC system, everything has run smoothe until it comes to the the communications wiring.....the diagrams are unclear as to how to wire the communications (twisted pair). I am using the baysenso19, the varitrac damper, a trane RTU and thumbwheel zone sensors for each damper. can anyone help, i posted in the commercial section and havent heard anything yet....hopefully you guys can help me out.

xmx

In the instructions there is a diagram showing all the wiring needed. you will not be using a baysenso19 which is programmable but probably a baysenso14c. you will run comm wire from damper to damper and to varitrac ccp(central control panel). you dont have to run comm wire to zone sensors. you can if you have the correct sensor and wish to have a comm connection at these sensors for laptop connections. you will have 3 wires to connect from damper to sensor. numbers coordinate. you will also have to run a two wire for 24v power. take the time to read through your manuals.

i appreciate the feedback, but i still i dont think you are on the right track, the baysenseo19 is a programmable which can be used as a setback stat for specs calling for such. There is no hub or control panel for this particular application, it is an alternate hook up which is explianed in the manuals, the zone sensors are the thumbwheel type, the stat is the baysensor and the damper is the varitrac.....however the communication is not thoroughly explained, it shows it leaving the board on the damper, and ends there, it shows it leaving the baysensor19 and ending there....after it leaves there is no specified hook up.....read directions top to bottom...and repeated....

thank you for the effort

sincerely
    xmx

no ccp

you cannot have a communicating control system without a ccp. This is what controls heating cooling and venting. Without this you have stand alone vavs. If this only for a portion of a zone then thats ok but if the entire system works off of dampers you are missing the heart of the system(ccp).

Yep, sounds to me like someone did not give you everything.
    Never have personally seen a digistat on a Varitrac system either... weird...