20 yr hvac tech, been with union company approx 2 yrs...Good money,lots of promises, but was terminated last week for filing a hernia report...was told to bear hug a 3.5 ton semi hermetic turns out it weighed 172 lbs!! So now do I stop the BS and start my own or go back to work for someone with different lies?!

Gotta love the union!
    I stick with small family companys, where you belong to something, not just something init!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by weber
    [B]Gotta love the union!
    I stick with small family companys, where you belong to something,....

Was with a family business for years when a problem arose with a busy body receptionist...I was told "see ya!... Service techs are a dime a dozen." Which is why Id like to start a company where it would be pleasant to come to work, you know..."Good job"..."Let me buy lunch, you guys look tired"..."Im glad to have you guys work here",.."Is there anything I can do for you".."Hows the wife and kids?"

Originally posted by limahvac
    20 yr hvac tech, been with union company approx 2 yrs...Good money,lots of promises, but was terminated last week for filing a hernia report...was told to bear hug a 3.5 ton semi hermetic turns out it weighed 172 lbs!! So now do I stop the BS and start my own or go back to work for someone with different lies?!
    Let me get this straight...you were doing your job. you got injured. they fired you. wth is up with that?
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

quote:Originally posted by limahvac

Let me get this straight...you were doing your job. you got injured. they fired you. wth is up with that?

.....Found out today, unions not supporting much and I have to come up with the $$ for an attorney..This is why Id like to start my own!!

i recently filed workers comp claim and now i just found out they want to send me back to work to soon and my injury was a hernia. but i can find an attorney for a %

Found an attny today in toledo,he'll look over the suit and maybe file the wrongful term claim...heres to hoping..PS to all those COMPANY OWNERS on here..Im not anti Co., quite opposite..I used to be the guy coming in early,staying late,covering everyone elses call when they couldnt,Finding something else wrong when I know its a callback...Mgr hates callbacks(you know higher C/B % = Lower bonus at the end of the month)>>>I just want to make some money, feel proud about the job I did, and have a satisfied customer...All while enjoying my job...too much to ask?...Sorry for the rant!!

unfortunately its not a rant, then some people come here and other places to say they cant find good employees. getting injured can sometimew be part of the job. trust me right now i only make about half of what i am used to making and it makes it hard to live plus i havent recieved any money in a month. but i guess thets what happens...