Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California/Nevada
    Posts
    3,734

    Background insanity, Antichrist age of too much information access

    FOUR APARTMENT Maintenance Workers needed for the Cesar Chavez, Los Angeles and 4 workers needed for the Long Beach area for about 5 weeks, possibly more.

    This position will consist of painting and getting apartment units ready for leasing. You must have an extensive background with painting, apartment repairs and cleaning. May require some lifting.

    Required - clean background going back to age 18, no felonies, misdemeanors or DUIS. A background check and drug testing will be conducted.
    This is a temporary assignment and perfect attendance is necessary. Monday through Friday 8 to 5 pm or 7am to 4pm and may require some weekends.

    Compensation: 11.50 - 12.00 per hour


    i knew someone who was hired to the police force that had a misdemeanor.
    i knew someone that was hired into the ranger department that had an extensive juvenile record.

    who the fk do these dinky companies think they are to keep handing down sentences to people?

    what do you think will happen when millions and millions of people can't even get basic labor jobs?


    this society has turned so gutless and stupid, i can't believe what i see anymore

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    8,283
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    i knew someone who was hired to the police force that had a misdemeanor.
    i knew someone that was hired into the ranger department that had an extensive juvenile record.

    who the fk do these dinky companies think they are to keep handing down sentences to people?

    what do you think will happen when millions and millions of people can't even get basic labor jobs?


    this society has turned so gutless and stupid, i can't believe what i see anymore
    Insurance companies probably requiring this...or at least the company must do this to keep their rates down.

    Whats wrong with wanting to hire clean cut people for your business. Your employees and their demeanor and actions say a lot about your company and can make you or break you.

    If more people would just keep their nose to the grindstone and work and take care of themselves and their families and not get into trouble......this world would be a better place for all of us.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California/Nevada
    Posts
    3,734
    first of all , making prejudicial statements about someone, assuming that they are not "clean cut" and saying they will have a "bad demeanor" just because they were arrested once in their life.

    you know what gives people a bad demeanor?
    when the bills are rolling , they have kids to take care of , and the worse jobs slam the door in their face, just because of some chickensht report from 20 years ago.


    what happened was , our government conspirators ALLOWED crime to go berzerk, and told everyone that criminals were kicking their feet up living the good life.

    and when the public became completly pissed off at seeing crime, the government knowingly passed all kinds of unethical rules and laws.

    now, the lawyers tell everyone to plead "guilty" in trade for a few days community service, people do it, then they find out later their days of honest employment are over.

    drug dealers have to sell more drugs,
    prostitutes have to do more prostituting.
    junkies have to keep snorting junk.
    and when the average idiot, who doesn't care about anything goes to the ATM, he gets his head blown off for 20 bucks, because somone is desparate


    in the past criminals records were closely guarded, only government had full access,
    why?
    because people knew the average dummy couldn't make rational decisions about someone's past


    a society that doesn't allow people who make mistakes to go back into honest work, is Satanic

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,068
    In part I agree Wolfie. One mistake in this over infomation age can haunt you forever. But that ad that you posted is just from one company. I'm not saying its easy but if someone who made a mistake or two really wants to do right, they probably can find someone who either doesn't do extensive backround checks, or is just willing to give them a chance. Pesistence and a good attitude I believe would prevail for most.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,269
    Yeah...it's getting worse and worse...many companies are even checking your credit before hiring.

    I've been saying it for years....we are becoming more strict on our laws...creating more criminals...and at the same time we are becoming more strict in our hiring process. This is cutting the workforce from two directions.

    I agree with newoldtech except that many places (at least in Arkansas) that don't require background checks either pay their employees cash under the table or sign them as contract labor where they don't pay taxes.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,955
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Yeah...it's getting worse and worse...many companies are even checking your credit before hiring.

    I've been saying it for years....we are becoming more strict on our laws...creating more criminals...and at the same time we are becoming more strict in our hiring process. This is cutting the workforce from two directions.

    I agree with newoldtech except that many places (at least in Arkansas) that don't require background checks either pay their employees cash under the table or sign them as contract labor where they don't pay taxes.
    Ditto, we agree on this. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    5,744
    While this wasn't over an employee, I hired an agency to find information on a person. I felt it was justified at the time. You might be surprised how much info you can get for $35.
    Driving records, property transactions, police reports, it goes on and on. For a little more money you get more info. It's all on the Internet.

    Most people on this forum go to private properties either themselves or their employees. I don't think one can be too careful as a lawyer can make a liability connection between a crime at a customers property and a company exposing them to a person previously convicted of crime.
    Some businesses find it's better not to know what your employees have done. HR people know there are questions that can't be legally asked. Quite a few actually. So while the company might say all the checks they will do it might be just a bluff to keep the unwanted away.
    There are few secrets anymore.
    Some of us might be wise to have another idenity handy. One never knows when it might be time to disappear.
    "What Fools these mortals be"....Puck

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    17
    It's all about liability and risk management. Instead of pointing the finger at the government somehow "making more criminals", I think it's more accurate to say lawyers and an overly litiginous (is that a word? I mean "quick to sue") society result in businesses feeling as thought they have to eliminate 99.9% of possible risks.

    I agree, though, it's a Catch-22. We expect criminals to reform and live according to the rules of our society, yet we won't fully accept them back into the society.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,269
    Quote Originally Posted by hscudd View Post
    It's all about liability and risk management. Instead of pointing the finger at the government somehow "making more criminals", I think it's more accurate to say lawyers and an overly litiginous (is that a word? I mean "quick to sue") society result in businesses feeling as thought they have to eliminate 99.9% of possible risks.

    I agree, though, it's a Catch-22. We expect criminals to reform and live according to the rules of our society, yet we won't fully accept them back into the society.
    Your second statement is correct....but that's not the whole picture. We are also creating criminals....if you ever go to a probation office what you will find is that there is every category of criminal you can think of all piled into one office sitting and waiting for their P/O to call them into the back. People in line for a traffic ticket are sitting next to a rapist out on parole and of course through chatter, ideas get planted into the speed racers mind about the neighbors daughter. Then all of these criminals have to end up working in the same place because every company under the sun does a background check...so by keeping them all in the same place we are promoting and creating criminal activity.

    This isn't half of the story....but what's worse is on a probationer or parolee's paperwork it states that they are not to be in contact with another criminal....yet they have no choice but to live, work, and wait in line with other law breakers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event