Thread: Infinity furnace w/ Generic AC?

Post Likes

Infinity furnace w/ Generic AC?

I have carrier Infinity furnace and am looking to get a new AC. I am in the midwest and like to keep windows open as much as possible during summer. If I buy a carrier comfort AC (single stage), will I run into any problems controlling it with Infinity Controler and running it with the infinity furnace?

Thanks in advance.
    Vik

Post Likes
    It should work just fine if you installer knows how to set up the infinity controller

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    It should work just fine if you installer knows how to set up the infinity controller
    Thanks for the quick reply.

Post Likes
    No. And you may be suprised ot find taht the efficency match-ups are very very good. The lower end equipment uses the same coil and compressor, but lacks the fancier electronics and cound reducing package of the Infinity series. The base 13 SEER unit will still hit usually 14SEER with a HE Variable speed furnace.

You'll lost some of the advanced diagnositics and monitoring features without an Infinity AC. But that's not that big of deal really.

Post Likes
    The way I see it is You went that far with the HVAC system why cheap out now? You will not be happy,Won't get the efficency you want and will loose alot of features off of your control. So I would go with a Infinity AC system to match my controler and Furnace.This way you will be happy and properly looked after Equipment can last a long time. Just removed a York Tombstone Condenser installed in 1982 still working. If you plan on staying in the house for a long time don't cheap out on AC and Make sure the Installer understands your system 100%

Post Likes
    Comfyair

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

Your post has been deleted.

Post Likes
    Clocker

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

Your post has been deleted.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in