Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ObamaCare Impacts TODAY

Well,

I understand the impacts of ObamaCare, as it affects my prices today. 60% increase in family premium for 2012-13 coverage year. Yes 60% increase for family coverage up to $964.00 month with a lower quality plan.

This is being blamed upon the mandated "wellness" portion of our coverage and the mandated requirements for specialty woman's care within ObamaCare. This is what has been specifically told to us by two different insurance agencies and also from one of the corporate policy experts at big blue.

Now, how in the hell can a working stiff pay these kinds of increases. And for the individual coverage of our employees, it is amazing how this year the cost based upon age has skyrocketed also. Won't pay for a company to keep the older guys around who have the knowledge and ability to make money on the jobs. Now we're going to have to rotate the labor shelves to keep the supply young and inexpensive.

60% increase???? Maybe I do need to go ahead and move up there with Printer and get some of the "free" stuff too...........

And I forgot, $the 964 is my part, gotta add the other $390.52 that the Company pays on my behalf, which I still get taxed on because I'm an Owner.

So in reality, its $1,354.52 per month for healthcare for a family of 4.

That's $16,254.24 per year plus copays, deductibles (if incurred based upon type of care or out of network provider) and plus all the scripts will have with the whole family.

Simply put, ObamaCare sux, our healthcare debacle sux and there's no REAL solution anywhere in sight.

Any suggestions for other solutions for the family and Company will be appreciated..

Now I'll just shut up and steam.

Quote Originally Posted by WebCTRL View Post
    And I forgot, $the 964 is my part, gotta add the other $390.52 that the Company pays on my behalf, which I still get taxed on because I'm an Owner.

So in reality, its $1,354.52 per month for healthcare for a family of 4.

That's $16,254.24 per year plus copays, deductibles (if incurred based upon type of care or out of network provider) and plus all the scripts will have with the whole family.

Simply put, ObamaCare sux, our healthcare debacle sux and there's no REAL solution anywhere in sight.

Any suggestions for other solutions for the family and Company will be appreciated..

Now I'll just shut up and steam.
    Get elected for Congress! Then your health care is paid and it's a better plan...
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Get elected for Congress! Then your health care is paid and it's a better plan...
    That option has been discussed, very recently. But I'd be afraid I'd hurt some idiots up there. Still working on that self control thing...

Im sure Geery and salt will be here directly to blame that on Romneys offshore accounts and Bushs hickisms.

Salts new tactic is to say " its not a partisan issue" and we should pull together and just fix it.

After the dems have destroyed our economy.

Econonmy hell, I'm worried about what they are doing to our country!

How about this as an different way of looking at it.
    Could yo not think of this a stimulus package.
    If there is 30 odd million without health care, and now they have it. Will this not bring large employment, not just Docs or Nurses, but admin, construction etc.
    Will those you are present unhealthy, become healthy thus more productive?

the health care mandate tax, (for people like me who won't be buying a policy) is going to be a minimum of $700 per year.
    somone told me that $1200 is the minimum for the people of Massachusetts after Romney signed the Heath Care Bill into law for the state

apparently my wife seems to think that yea our rates will go up but onces all these health insurance companies have to compete with each other for your business thus driving premiums down. I dont how factual that is but she seems to think that, and she works in the health care industry..

Quote Originally Posted by Trehak01 View Post
    apparently my wife seems to think that yea our rates will go up but onces all these health insurance companies have to compete with each other for your business thus driving premiums down. I dont how factual that is but she seems to think that, and she works in the health care industry..
    Free market competition, conserves should love that.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

if you were running a HVAC company, and the government suddenly told everyone in the U.S. that they MUST have a wroking 410a AC in their home,
    do you think the demand for your services would go up?
    do you think your prices would go up?

i estimate we have about 2 to 4 years of them putting on an act that this bill is the greatest thing to ever happen, then the reality will kick in.

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    How about this as an different way of looking at it.
    Could yo not think of this a stimulus package.
    If there is 30 odd million without health care, and now they have it. Will this not bring large employment, not just Docs or Nurses, but admin, construction etc.
    Will those you are present unhealthy, become healthy thus more productive?
    Not really. These are the same people (the majority of them anyway) that are too lazy to work. They collect every handout they can and never contribute to society in a positive way. The reality is, these are the same ones that go to the emergency room now and then skip out on the bill.

The only increase in employment will probably be in the Fed gov...they need more people to run around handing out fines.

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Free market competition, conserves should love that.
    yeah, real free market when it's madated by Barak and run by the IRS. Real free market there geer.

I'm just going to refer to you as Carney, cause you spout propaganda like ole Jay does without real facts or with distorted facts taken out of context.

This one was a brilliant comment though, SERIOUSLY!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast