DX dehum makeup air units

Looking at Reznor, Aaon, Daikin-McQuay Rebel, other mfg's hot gas reheat units. For a luxury condo corridor unit. Any experience good or bad? The Rebel is new, and I see a lot of substitutions to Reznors. Appreciate the help.

I hate the Aaons and any unit that uses hot gas reheat is less efficient than a Unit like a Munters that uses a desiccant wheel that's re-activated to remove humidity.

I've seen some Addison units seem ok .
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    I hate the Aaons and any unit that uses hot gas reheat is less efficient than a Unit like a Munters that uses a desiccant wheel that's re-activated to remove humidity.
    Yeah Munters and similar desiccant systems are a better option performance wise but I think $/CFM is too high for the developer. The architect won't give me the space either. My battle is for straight risers. It's only about a thousand CFM for corridors. I've got a unit with an enthalpy wheel for general vent which is much bigger. At least hot gas isn't frowned upon by 90.1 since it's site recovered energy. Electric and hot water reheat is the worst. I've seen jobs where that goes in and runs on the boiler because you can't get anyone to agree to something as easy as a desuperheeater on the chiller. Because the site isn't enormous code doesn't require a widely available equipment feature. Looking forward to IECC 2012/90.1-2010 which requires enthalpy recovery down to I think 30% OA.
    I hope I helped!

Feel free to contact me and other users here for more detailed assistance within the context of a contract. Advice and opinions are provided here "as-is" without any warranties, guarantees or acceptance of liability for use, misuse, or accuracy of advice given. (Gotta keep my legal team off my back at work.)

Yea they're proud of those units.

Ive seen the reznor set up
    fairly simple and they use an FX controller for all unit operation.
    If you cant fix it right, try again.