Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Great Maintenance job from Johnson Controls

Name:  Picture 824.jpg
Views: 1958
Size:  57.6 KB

Fits nice and snug! WTF???
    We only want to do it, if we can do it right.

I don't think it's fair to condemn a company when the technician is the one responsible...

Quote Originally Posted by Senior Tech View Post
    I don't think it's fair to condemn a company when the technician is the one responsible...
    True, that's like blaming Goodman (or any other manufacturer) for a poor install.
    We only want to do it, if we can do it right.

Sure it is, they hired the person.

Drop-out filter to match the drop-down grille?

Quote Originally Posted by dbwoodland View Post
    Sure it is, they hired the person.
    Oh, that's right - we live in a world where personal responsibility is a thing of the past, so it's not the techs fault he dropped the ball........

Hey, if the branch manager wanted it done right he should have been there holding the technicians hand, right?

That's the kind of quality you get when you have low hiring standards, again the "company' sets the standards.
    Yes the tech is responsible, but I know that the "just enough" motto is instilled in each and every employee.

Agreed

It is the Company that dropped the ball. They have the responsibility of selecting the most qualified candidates which will perform their duties in such a manner that the company's motto/creed/reputation will be strengthened. A company with a reputation of service excellence is manifest through it's employees' work ethic and "ownership mentality".

But of course sometimes even the most qualified candidates have their off days. BUT IN THIS PARTICULAR CASE it's unacepptable.

UNLESS the serviceman had to run to back to the supply shop to grab the right size filter and was coming back to the job THAT DAY.

Quote Originally Posted by dbwoodland View Post
    That's the kind of quality you get when you have low hiring standards, again the "company' sets the standards.
    Let's not get personal here - I don't work for Johnson Controls and you have absolutely no way of knowing what my hiring standards are.......are we crystal clear on this?

Quote Originally Posted by dbwoodland
    Yes the tech is responsible, but I know that the "just enough" motto is instilled in each and every employee.
    You must be a very busy man to personally contact each and every employee at every business in every line of work across our great nation (or world...you really didn't specify) in order to make a factual statement like that with such conviction

Now I think I've heard it all....

Yes, the company is responsible, that's the bottom line.
    However, when one titles a thread the way this one was, it drips of a personal vendetta against a certain entity and again that is what I do not think is fair....and no, I don't work for them.

This very same thing happens at every company, sometimes obvious sometimes not...it's our responsiblility as professional technicians to guide those who are at times not so professional, but how can we do that when were to busy beating them up?

There are those who thrive on controversy and because of that pour fuel on the fire...or perhaps strike the match that lights it...then there are those who prefer to take a tech aside and give them a little training and motivation to do things right and make the industry look a little more professional...ask yourselves, which one are you?

Where did I put those matches.......................................
    Have you hugged the Earth today?
    Donny Baker rules

was the arrow going the right way??????????????????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast