Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I need a good tech/right hand man in Florida

Ok, I'm going to try something different here. Let's see how it works out.

I just opened a new shop in Sunrise Florida and I plan to start running calls next week.

I know it's a start up and I don't have any customers right now, but don't worry I will....fast.
    This is my third start-up in 3 years and I've gone from 2 trucks to 50 in that period of time so I have a track record.

Here's what I am looking for:

I need a right hand man. A right hand man to me is someone who can do what I do. To start with, you have to be an experienced tech who is great with customers. You've got to understand how business runs and understand that each service call or tune-up is an opportunity to sell. You must understand the financial operation of an HVAC business.

I am not talking about selling a bunch of crap either. I'm talking about doing a thorough job, identifying how the system can be repaired, improved, enhanced or replaced if needed. Those who get this, read on.

Once the company gets rolling, this person must be able to show others how to do the same thing and do it well.

The ideal person would be someone who is a self starter and doesn't need or want someone riding their butt...I don't have time for that nor do I wish to do it.

Perhaps the right person for this job has been spinning their wheels for awhile where they are now and wants a chance to advance in this industry.

While I don't put too much emphasis on years of experience you must have adequate experience to understand the daily issues that arise in this industry and how to properly deal with them. So if you just graduated last year from Gary's A/c seminar you probably don't yet have the requisite skills I am looking for just yet, but you might be able to help my right hand man if he likes you.

It's going to be a pretty tough job for awhile because this is a start-up and I need help with a lot of stuff. Plus you will have to train other techs.
    To start with you are going to have to run calls, I'll be running a few of them too. My right hand man will see everything that I do and learn from it. Eventually my right hand man will be doing fewer and fewer calls and doing more and more of what I do.

I am willing to be very generous to this right hand man. I am very fair, honest and offer what I feel is a work environment which plays well to those who want to succeed and advance in their career.

I am modeling this position after what I went through in my career when I was someone else's right hand man.

I am completely open to most any form of compensation, but whatever it is must include some sort of performance component.

If you are interested, please send me an email with your full details and resume to:hvacpros2012@gmail.com Thanks.

This is my third start-up in 3 years and I've gone from 2 trucks to 50 in that period of time so I have a track record.
    No offense, but three companies in three years? I am not knocking you, but that sounds hinkey.

Good luck on finding the right canidate to you. The position sounds like a REAL GOOD oppertunity.

So you have 2 other shops in other areas and this is your 3rd expansion? Or did the other two not succeed and this is your 3rd attempt? Possibly interested but would have to relocate from tx

Good points above. Let me clarify. 3 years ago I had 2 trucks and I was by myself and near broke. Today we have in total nearly 100 employees, shops in 4 states we are expanding to florida (shop 3)

When I say this is my third start-up its actually 3 out of 4, my partner is in Kansas right now starting shop number 4.

Who knows, maybe my right hand man will one day start up shop number 5.

Thanks for the clarification! Makes a huge difference...florida sounds tempting

Quote Originally Posted by Crazecodyk View Post
    Thanks for the clarification! Makes a huge difference...florida sounds tempting
    I drove through San Antonio and Houston on my way moving to Florida. I've been considering opening up in Texas. San Antonio was hoppin.

Position filled. Thanks for all who inquired.

That's good I am glad you found someone if for any reason you may need to talk to a local guy let me know I am a contractor up here in west palm beach... Only about 45 minutes north of you.

Quote Originally Posted by FL.HVAC View Post
    That's good I am glad you found someone if for any reason you may need to talk to a local guy let me know I am a contractor up here in west palm beach... Only about 45 minutes north of you.
    Thanks, I'll probably take you up on that.

Hit me up if ever to tx..scheduled for contractors license in a few weeks

Hey man, I am giving Texas a hard look right now. I was planning on getting my license there in the next 6 months or so. I have to tackle Oklahoma first and Texas is next on my list after that.

PM if you want to know more.

Man! you needs to be set up in California where all the action is!

Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post
    Hey man, I am giving Texas a hard look right now. I was planning on getting my license there in the next 6 months or so. I have to tackle Oklahoma first and Texas is next on my list after that.

PM if you want to know more.
    For some reason I am unable to PM. I am a licensed contractor in San Antonio but my growth has been limited for certain reasons. Stuck in the home warranty game with not enough retail customers and not enough time to focus on them due to the overwhelming home warranty calls. Please let me know how to contact you if you are interested in San Antonio. Yes it is jumping here! I just don't have the financial backing to tackle it the right way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast