Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by coolperfect View Post
    And we have it,I have an IRA.The old people were right the average person does not know how to play the market.And any one who can get me 12% year over year can have all my money and keep 4% a year!
    There are IRS's but you. can't choose to stop paying into SS unless you are preacher.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Folks will think I am cruel and heartless... however:

If there was NO govt safety net for retirement (no SS, no requirement to save at all)... And folks were told clearly from the beginning they were on their own... might develop an attitude of thriftyness.
    The US was that way before SS and poverty was rampant. If so many were not farmers it would have been much worse. Oh did I forget to mention the worse was after the rich got really greedy and crashed the market? Everything old is new again.
    I predict when you elect to join SS at retirement you'll think it was the best ever government idea. The best investment you ever made.
    Tracers work both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    There are IRS's but you. can't choose to stop paying into SS unless you are preacher.
    A lot of public sector workers don't pay SS. Their pension is through their Unions.
    Tracers work both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    The US was that way before SS and poverty was rampant. If so many were not farmers it would have been much worse. Oh did I forget to mention the worse was after the rich got really greedy and crashed the market? Everything old is new again.
    I predict when you elect to join SS at retirement you'll think it was the best ever government idea. The best investment you ever made.
    If its still there when I retire.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    A lot of public sector workers don't pay SS. Their pension is through their Unions.
    Yes, but we are in the private sector.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    If its still there when I retire.

We still have the vote. Any economy is uncertain. It bugs me when some who have got lucky and think it's all due to their personal genius. Hard times are part of life and luck changes. If we can soften collateral damage that comes with life all the better. I just wish we had truthful politicans. When politicans complain about medicare fraud they never mention why the refused to fund enforcement.
    If I wrote an IOU that I had no intent of repaying it would be called fraud. Create laws that prohibit politicans from writing them. Lets collect the IOU's in the SS system.
    I wonder how many SS checks keep mother-in-laws from moving into their son-in-laws homes.

Yes, but we are in the private sector.
    Yah, just sayin.
    When the protests were going on in Wisconsin I never heard details about no SS in their future. Just surprised how insecure their pensions are.
    Tracers work both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker
    I just wish we had truthful politicans.

If you lie to Congress its a crime. If Congress lies to us, well that's just politics.

I thought it just went to Obama's stash....isn't that what he's been handing out like a drunken prostitute??
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    I thought it just went to Obama's stash....isn't that what he's been handing out like a drunken prostitute??
    A far as SS, No that was Reagan.
    Tracers work both ways.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12