Two pizza prep tables wont temp in hot kitchen

I have a few pizza prep tables that we are servicing. The bottom temps 38 degrees however the top bins will not pull down below 45-48 degrees. Both units are open top air cooled (not cold rails) w/ a flip down cover. One unit is a BEVERAGE AIR - MOD#SUR72-18 & the other is a TRUE (model number not know, 2 door prep table open top as well) The kitchen is in Arizona, cooled by a swamp cooler (over 55-65% RH @ anywhere from 85-100 degrees & next to fry hood, pizza oven, etc) The condensate pan is flowing over & these units are heavily used. The humidity is so bad that the exterior of the cold top area sweats & condensed water all over. I have attempted to change the thermostats from the A12-701 to the A12-700 for a lower cut in, however the tops are the issue. I did also notice that the bev air unit has a center mounted back wall evaporator that sucks from the middle area and blows to the bottom, not making it up to the top. I have over 7 years in commercial refrigeration and this seems to be related to the external sources of heat and moisture being generated. Any suggestions would be appreciated, this customer has been tagged by the heath dept for revocation of the license if not taken care of ASAP. Other than installing a/c & shutting off the swamp cooler, anyone have good ideas? I welcome anyone's input.

Check for airflow across the tops. If there's any significant air movement in the pans the temperatures will be way high.

I usually find it's the makeup air or A/C. Sometimes a circulating fan.

You mean make ready tables.

I use to lose fans on those prety regularly plus those condensers get plugged up.

Condensers are chronically dirty and the drain lines constantly stop up. Alot of them have a copper trap under the box. Why they use copper is beyond me. I replace the copper U with pvc. It helps delay clogging.

If the condensate cant leave the box it will drip into the bottom and keep re-freezing to the evap, causing a warm box.

The evap make up air (swamp) is dumping 60+ percent RH on top of the reach ins (directly above) and the temps range from 85-100 in the day......

You have two issues here -

1 - Your environment.

-Do the temps in the kitchen stay below 90F ever?
    -What is the equipment you're working on rated at (E.G. ambient below 85)?
    -If it is too hot in that kitchen for the equipment, then you need to seriously look at remedying this problem first.

2 - Are the prep tables working the best they can?

-Thoroughly check airflow and especially the cond-coil. Your Condenser TD shouldn't be much above 30F
    -Is the system at proper charge and are the metering devices working properly? Your subcooling and superheat will tell you this.
    -Are they shutting the top lids as much as possible when not it use?
    -Are the gaskets OK on the bottom doors? You said the bottom was temping but good to check everything.