+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carrier 30RA aquasnap

Post Likes

Thumbs up Carrier 30RA aquasnap

Anyone expierenced alarm A140 phase reversal and existing chiller that has been running. schematic doesnt show phase protection. any recommendation other than swapping leads.and how does logic confirm phase reversal. any help will be great.

Post Likes
    Suction pressure dropping within a few seconds? What part of Texas you around?

Post Likes
    West Texas- El Paso area. Alarm happens intermittently, once in a while.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chillerguru View Post
    West Texas- El Paso area. Alarm happens intermittently, once in a while.
    Is it a single or dual circuit chiller?

Post Likes
    I've seen this alarm on aquasnaps and package units that also use comfort link. I've resolved it by cleaning the transducers or once a broken wire on the suction presure swith. The controller looks at suction and discharge presure for 10 seconds and if they do not have a 50 psi difference it thinks the phases are reversed.

6. Likes dudeabides, nutradesman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I have a 30RA055 ton aquasnap i'm working on and the chiller seems to be generating the T051, T052, T055 & T056 alarms after about 5 hours of run time. It seems as if the 5amp circuit breaker on the control panel trips right before these alarms are generated. I tried investigating but have no luck.

Any ideas on what this could be?

Post Likes
    It's either a shorted contactor coil or a shorted wire. Put it in test mode and check it with an amp clamp.

c
    Quote Originally Posted by LeroyForbes View Post
    I have a 30RA055 ton aquasnap i'm working on and the chiller seems to be generating the T051, T052, T055 & T056 alarms after about 5 hours of run time. It seems as if the 5amp circuit breaker on the control panel trips right before these alarms are generated. I tried investigating but have no luck.

Any ideas on what this could be?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chillerguru View Post
    Anyone expierenced alarm A140 phase reversal and existing chiller that has been running. schematic doesnt show phase protection. any recommendation other than swapping leads.and how does logic confirm phase reversal. any help will be great.
    The phase reversal alarm just means that the computer did not see a pressure differential on the 2 transducers when it attempted to start what ever compressor that alarm is associated with. Contactor isn't pulling in, the circuit breaker is tripped, or you have locked rotor.

...Ron

Sorry for the redundancy.
    Last edited by rscamaro; 06-16-2013 at 01:32 AM. Reason: redundant post
    Roof Rat

Post Likes
    Do you have a digital scroll compressor

Post Likes
    Controller needs to see a pressure differential of 1 bar/min upon start up

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chris4 View Post
    I've seen this alarm on aquasnaps and package units that also use comfort link. I've resolved it by cleaning the transducers or once a broken wire on the suction presure swith. The controller looks at suction and discharge presure for 10 seconds and if they do not have a 50 psi difference it thinks the phases are reversed.
    Dude, yours was the post that just bailed me out on this call. You saved me time and aggravation -- two of my most prized possessions. Be proud!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

13. Likes stanbyyourword liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in