+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EWT's

Post Likes

EWT's

Anyone else having the highest ewt's ever this summer? With this heat wave hitting the midwest and no signs on cooling off I'm in for a tough summer. I'm getting mid 70's for entering temps, and when I'm on stage 2 I'm getting mid 80's for exiting. I have a horizontal loop buried 7ft down. It's times like these I wish I had vertical loops.

Post Likes
    whats wrong with those temps? seems fine to me. If your having an issue check the flows.

Post Likes
    I have a couple of comments,

How off normal are your ewt's now from previous years?
    Do you fear a crash or diminished performance at those ewt's?

Ewt's are a predictable function of the up front design work and coincide with outdoor temps. Having vertical loops as opposed to horizontal will not change your performance. A wish for more feet of pipe in the ground to counter act this heatwave would be more valid.

My ewt's are currently in the mid 60's and if this heat wave continues un abated I will see mid 70's by the end of august.

Eric
    Eric Sackett
    weberwelldrilling.com
    Delta P= 8 ATA
    www.youtube.com/weberwelldrilling

Post Likes
    I had one yesterday that had a 98 ewt, not installed by us. First time we had worked on that one.

Post Likes
    At 98 I would be very concerned a crash was comeing!
    Eric Sackett
    weberwelldrilling.com
    Delta P= 8 ATA

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by waterpirate View Post
    I have a couple of comments,

How off normal are your ewt's now from previous years?
    Do you fear a crash or diminished performance at those ewt's?

Ewt's are a predictable function of the up front design work and coincide with outdoor temps. Having vertical loops as opposed to horizontal will not change your performance. A wish for more feet of pipe in the ground to counter act this heatwave would be more valid.

My ewt's are currently in the mid 60's and if this heat wave continues un abated I will see mid 70's by the end of august.

Eric
    As far as I can remember, the highest my EWT ever got in previous summers was 70-75 F. This year I'm already running around 80-85 F. Right now I'm just concerned about performance, but if this keeps up I'd be concerned about serious problems.

The reason I say I'd rather have vertical loops in a time like this is because I know for a fact that there's an aquifer about 7' below my basement floor that I pull from for my sprinkler system which has much cooler water. I don't know the actual temp because I never measured it, but just by touching the two pipes I can tell you it's at least 15 degrees cooler.

So I'm assuming if I had vertical loops, most of the loop would be surrounded by that much cooler water.

Post Likes
    A open loop would give you that ewt year round, a vertical loop is like a horizontal in that over time it heats up just the same/ or cools. This heat wave is putting some border line designs to the test. Have you checked all your other parameters for a possible problem that is causeing your unit to run excessively and thus increased the load over years past?
    Eric
    Eric Sackett
    weberwelldrilling.com
    Delta P= 8 ATA

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in