R410-A flaring - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 14 to 18 of 18

Thread: R410-A flaring

  1. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Rule of thumb: 45 degree flares are for oil and minisplits, 37 degree are automotive. The yj tool will work for anything you have to do.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    New Hampshire
    I use a single flare 45 degree angle block flaring tool for oil. It has lasted me 13 years so far. It is a Ridgid ratcheting type.
    I bought a 45 degree angle Rothenbeger for double flares in case I run into replacing a suction line filters on AC where I might get a burnout. I tested it and took a little bit to get good at making the flare but haven't used it in the field yet.

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    As mentioned in other posts, you don't need a new flaring tool, but it is nice to have. It's so much easier and fool proof. I use the FT800FN CPS R-410A Clutch Type Concentric Flaring Tool http://www.centurytool.net/R_410A_Cl...cpsft800fn.htm

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Saw flared fittings hold 3000 PSI plus in Aircraft I think we are safe.
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

    "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Charleston, Wv.
    gotta go through the steps to get a good flare. ALWAYS ream the tube before you flare...if not, you get a lip that will leak. it just takes some practice to get a nice wide, yet even flare.

    also, put a little oil on the back of the flare before tightening.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event