Thread: Air handler

Post Likes

Air handler

goodman air handler brand new variable speed keeps sucking up water and burning out . what can be wrong

Post Likes
    Made this its own thread.

You are not permitted to post in other peoples threads in the AOP forums, please read site rules, thank you.

Post Likes
    Describing the installation would help, along with model number of air handler.

Post Likes
    No RA. PULLS WATER IN. Motor ramping up to move air, but none is there. Motor depends on air flow to cool it. None there.

There. Fixed.

Post Likes
    What prize do I win if I guess it right. Too little infof ot make a good analysis.. os here's my 2 guesses:

1) Unit not configured correctly for horizontal configuration so the drain pans in the wrong location? or unit is orineted wrong (upflow unit for downflow application)

2) Not enough return and/or blower set for too high of speed, no return plunum so velocity across coil is too high on just part of the coil and blower water past drain pan.

Post Likes
    Moto covered a lot of it, but also make sure you have a trap in drain line, or suction from blower will simply "hold" condensate inside the drain pan of air handler and run over into ducts. Sounds like a poor installation, can you post some pictures??

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in