+ Reply to Thread

Thread: did what i had to do

Post Likes
    had a service call & find bad cond. motor .... i used my spare that i would have used here on call just before this one ... welll this unit needs both fans on these hot days even with one stage operating so i gave it a little help with their floor fan while i drove an hour to get a motor.... lol .. it maintained similar head with both stages running as it would with normal fans operating & i was able to cool down the space by 5 degrees while i was gone lol ... only for the customers i really really like i would do this for . the annoying ones id make wait

thought coil was a little too dirty, didnt bother taking pics of other stages coil as u get the point

Post Likes
    all thumbs up ! does anyone wonder about the masses of wannabe companys that never ever clean coils, even when the dirty coil caused the failure. its rampant in my area
    The Captain.

Post Likes
    what kind of cleaner do you use?

Post Likes
    Nu-Brite or any alkaline based foaming cleaner, looks like nu-brite in your photo
    The Captain.

Post Likes
    this year ive been going with foam brite .. i used to only use nu brite .. but ive heard this yellow potion creates more foam & really gets into tight coils .. not so bad

Post Likes
    I was reading the instuctions on the back of the coil cleaner (I think it was the super foaming stuff pictured). It said after you have rinsed the coil thoroughly to use some kind of sealer or protector of some sort on the coils, Anybody ever hear of this? That is some potent stuff also. Even diluted with water once I applied it and the coils started smoking. It also took off some of the black painted coating on a ducane condenser coil. Maybe my mix was a little too strong :-)

Post Likes
    ahh maybe that teflon based shyt .... i cant think of the name .. i have some in my van & apply it on newer coils by the shore on occasion .. never seen it make a coil smoke lol

Post Likes
    Alkiline based cleaner? Isn't that the stuff that if you get it on your hands it can mess your skin up?

Post Likes
    Maryland, wet the coil first, follow proper dilution ration, it still will take the paint off the coils of those cheap units, they paint the coil to try & dress the unit up, it wont hurt anything when it comes off.
    It more than likley will improve heat transfer.
    i wish a had a nickel for rveyone of those painted gems i came across that had never been cleaned & years later it got the foaming treatment, out with the dirt & off with the paint. its funny to see someone service a unit then clean the coil, the coils ahould allways be cleaned before superheat or subcooling is checked

ct, read the directions, its all hard on skin, it does say, protect skin, wear gloves.
    The Captain.

Post Likes
    lol .. for shyts & giggles i measured liq. line temp that day before i cleaned it. .dont recall what it was but it was hotttttttttt .... its somtimes a bytch cleaning the underside of the other stages coil, .. i spray through the access as well but still

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in