Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 14 to 18 of 18
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,865
    Another tech at my company pulled a whole row off the evaporator in a cornelius, so it would make a double row of cubes. It worked ok to keep it going until we put a new machine in.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    18,619
    Quote Originally Posted by danny x View Post
    On a side note, the machine is from 96. At what point do you tell your customer it has outlived its useful life and is not worth repairing?

    Thanks

    Dan
    This is that point.

    By the time you replace the evap and ice mold grid, you are well on your way to the price of a new machine.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  3. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,865
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    This is that point.

    By the time you replace the evap and ice mold grid, you are well on your way to the price of a new machine.
    I know what you mean. I just did an evap in a IB1024, under warranty. I think the evap was over $1000, plus it took me five hours to put it in.

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    18,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike19 View Post
    I know what you mean. I just did an evap in a IB1024, under warranty. I think the evap was over $1000, plus it took me five hours to put it in.
    I'm afraid to ask you what Mani offered for warranty labor. From the lists I've seen for the QDUAL, it can't be much.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  5. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,865
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    I'm afraid to ask you what Mani offered for warranty labor. From the lists I've seen for the QDUAL, it can't be much.
    I just went over, it took me 5, they said 2 - 4 1/2. I was lucky, the machine was accessable from three sides, it could have been worse and taken longer. I closed the two shutoff valves so I only had to recover the charge in the head.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event