Bad compressor valves or something else?

No cooling in walk in freezer. One and a half horsepower 404a, comp mdl awa2460zxd. Suction in the fifties. Head upper 300's, subcool near 5, superheat in sixties. New TXV adjusted wide open. Compressor amp draw 10. No delta t in liq line indicating restriction. Guessing ambient in low 90,s Box temp 35.What am I missing befor I condem the compressor valves and replace it?

Did you try pumping it down? Could be low on charge if the coil is dirty.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

condenser coil way clean, pumped it down to replace txv. Pulled down okay, to 1.5 psi but even with liquid service valve closed tight, low side climbed to 8 psi by the time I got off the top of walk in and lossened flare nuts on txv inside, less than 10 min. I broke em free, lightly reseated them, then checked low side again before I commit to totally opening system.

What's the FLA on the pump. At 90 degree ambient with a big load, should be at or above amp rating. If you have a pressure limiting powerhead it will take forever to pull down.

new valve is a fse-1-zp. dunno fla of compressor, rla of condensing unit is 12.6 My issue is very very high superheat and evap frosting equally on all distributor lines only, coil is only sweating a little. When I got there charge looked a little low in sight glass but still mostly liquid flow. Desperate for some indicators, I added a pound and now liquid line is solid no bubbles at all, superheat unaffected in the sixties. Subcooling climbed a degree or two about five.

zp is pressure limiting. You're probably going to have to recheck it tomorrow.

High side in upper 300's, superheat in the sixties, no cooling. I did not leave it running, heads that high scare me. Couldn't a pressure limiting valve do better than 60 degrees superheat?

forgot to mention this unit was opening its internal pr due to blocked condenser coil couple months ago. Cleaned coil, back into service. TXV showed no control or adjustment so I replaced it, fixed problem right away pulled down with resonable super heat and at a higher starting box temp. I think valves are shot, but not sure

Typically a pressure limiting powerhead will not permit suction pressures in the 50's for R404a. In my experience (which is limited) you will only get about 35#. Of course, you said TXV is wide open, which may end up being a bad idea and could be reason for really high suction. Usually bad compressor valves presents as high suction, low head. But you have high suction, high head. Kind of strange. Have you confirmed that the defrost heaters are not energized?

From my very limited experience, suction pressure should be around 35# to achieve zero cooling. Look at chart on side of box your 404-a came in. Also did you get charge from cylinder with it inverted. Because 404-A is a blend you have to do this, other wise you only get lightest of the gasses.

All signs that I can see point to that case having an extremely high load on it.

I agree with the suggestion that the heaters might be stuck on. Remember that if the heater shorts to ground and it's control (contactor or clock) only breaks one leg, it will keep heating at a reduced output even with the control off.