SCT and its software dependencies.

I'm about to shoot my brains out over an SCT install. I've tried to install it on Windows 7 and it tells me that I need to install IIS. I do, and it still gives me the same message....

I tried something different and installed a Virtual Windows XP.........I get the same message saying that I need IIS 6 or higher, even though I've tried several different versions...

Anyone know what the deal is with the install of this program?

Quote Originally Posted by ControlY0urMind View Post
    I'm about to shoot my brains out over an SCT install. I've tried to install it on Windows 7 and it tells me that I need to install IIS. I do, and it still gives me the same message....

I tried something different and installed a Virtual Windows XP.........I get the same message saying that I need IIS 6 or higher, even though I've tried several different versions...

Anyone know what the deal is with the install of this program?

Do you have your firewall enabled during install?

Quote Originally Posted by mechinc View Post
    Do you have your firewall enabled during install?
    What's a firewall? Lol......Haven't used one of those in years. No, firewall is turned off.

CYM,
    Go to the JCI web site and search for LIT-12011331. That should help a lot !
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

Try Resetting the IIS

Resetting IIS:

1) Open a DOS Shell
    2) Type iisreset.
    3) You should see IIS shutting down. You may not, if you see the following error message 'iis admin service is disabled' you will need to uninstall IIS and reinstall it. Go to 'Uninstalling and Reinstalling IIS.'
    4) You should then see reset completed.

Let me know if this works

Thanks guys. I was able to get it installed....

I've played around with this thing for several hours now, and I can't figure out how to take a backup from an NAE and loaf it in SCT. Can't I just drop a backup file into a backups directory somewhere and click restore in SCT?

Thanks guys. I was able to get it installed....

I've played around with this thing for several hours now, and I can't figure out how to take a backup from an NAE and loaf it in SCT. Can't I just drop a backup file into a backups directory somewhere and click restore in SCT?

When you open SCT, start out with creating a new archive. Call it whatever you want. After you create the archive, it will ask you to create a site. The site name in SCT must match the site name in your NAE. Then create a supervisory controller. The name of the supervisory device must match the computer name of the the NAE in the network tab of the NAE or the name of the device under the focus tab. I can't ever remember which one. After you set those up, double click on the site name in the NAE and look at what time zone the NAE site is. Your SCT must match the time zone and the time of your SCT must be pretty damn close to the time on the NAE. I've had issues with SCT and it's time running on virtual machines, especially windows XP mode, so that may be a hangup. Once your site, supervisory device name, time and time zone all match, you should be able to go into SCT, go to tools and load archive and you should be good.

When I try to restore, it prompts to load the restore file, but it has to be in the default directory. It doesn't let you browse to it. Do I need to find this directory and put y backup file in it?

I was able to find the directory and put in my backup files. I even upgraded them. I even upgraded them.

Now my question is..... I want to perform a query so I can see all of the points together and export them for integration, but query is greyed out. Can a query not be done on an offline database?

Query can't be done offline... you can do it online and copy the point references into Notepad from there..