iLON600 and Lonmaker Channel Problem

Hello,

We have two iLON600 which are going to be used as peer-to-peer routers for a remote LON display via IP. We have configured the system as per Echelon i.LON600 LonWorks /IP Server User's Guide https://www.echelon.com/support/docu...78-0272-01.pdf.

The problem is that for router 2 - the lonmaker software gives us a error box saying that the channel is wrong. We have channel 1 being FT-10, Channel IP and Channel 2 FT-10. I'm not sure what channel the program is talking about - we followed everything as per the manual starting at chapter 5

Thanks for any suggestion.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Just a thought.

Check your configuration server settings, and that each ilon is entered correctly and all needed ports are open.

What type of network interface are you using? It may need to be on the IP channel.

Problem??

381engineer,

Not sure, if this is the problem - but if you look at the attached word document, it is expecting to see the FT-10 M28 Channel - but instead it is seeing the FT-10 Cummins Generator. This is the screen when I try and commission the second router.

The error says I'm using the wrong channel which would make sense -- but how do I change this??

Thanks for any insight
    Attached Files Attached Files

What are you using for a network interface, an Echelon USB? Try moving your network interface to the other ft10 channel (physically and in the DB) and then try again.

USB

Hello,

Yes - I'm using the echelon USB. How do I create a second channel.

Thanks

Check out the user guide starting on page 100 about adding channels.

Read up about the configuration server. The echelon config server is software which is on a pc and needs to be running to have communication between IP devices (ilon 600's) I think that is what you are missing.

Update

Spend two days working with LON - just to get the routers talking to each other.

Problems

- The IT team put in a time server which they didn't like. Once we finally figured out by chance and remove the time server the IP-852 Config Server turned green.

- The documention on having setting up the routers were out to lunch. At the end, LON tech had me design a different network system in LonMarker to get the channels to work.

This was just on a test bench to boot - next week the real test.