Thread: on the beach

on the beach

Can anyone recomend a condensing unit that will hold up well against the salt air?

Some mfg's make model specifically desiged for "coastal service". I know Carrier has two seperate models in their Inifinity line for example.

I live within 1/4 mile of the North Atlantic and both install and service HVAC equipment all along the beach. Overall, I'd say any special treatments on equipment we've installed would be a waste of money. In fact, I've seen more damage from wind than salt air. I've seen several units that lack louvered sides with ocean side aluminum fins chewed right down to the copper, very similar to what a male dog does when stripping the aluminum off copper fins.

All that said, the ferry boats that ply the North Atlantic from our local communities to Boston several times each day, have settled on Trane as their preferred brand. They claim to get greater longevity. Don't think you can get closer to the 'beach' than that!
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

U can get any treated with harisite

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."