Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    That's kind of the point of ARP isn't it??? Good healthy debate from everyone!
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    But in the same breath, should not people be allowed to make their own decision to not shop or to shop somewhere based on that store's policies?
    I am not saying anything different,but don't try and take credit for breaking a business when it has nothing to do with a boycott!In effect saying I don't like your policy,look what i did to you.These companies are just too big!

Name:  Debate-Flow-Chart.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  63.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by coolperfect View Post
    I am not saying anything different,but don't try and take credit for breaking a business when it has nothing to do with a boycott!In effect saying I don't like your policy,look what i did to you.These companies are just too big!
    I hear ya' there.

Adillon....how about entertainment value then?

It might be entertaining if it just wasn't so prevelant. I have to hear small minded people spouting their opinions at me all the time. Most of the time they assume that i agree with them becasue i just let them talk and don't really voice my opinion. I try to avoid reading these threads and especially commenting on them, but every once in a while, i can't refrain. I would much rather participate in a technically based conversation on HVAC than this type of thread but yes it is at least entertaining/interesting to read from time to time. I just blows my mind how one dimensional some people are and it makes me sad becasue i know that some of these guys are top notch HVAC guys who's opinions i respect when it comes to the field but they are so far off base with they way they view and function within the world that sometimes i have to question whether or not i should even listen to what they have to say when it comes to HVAC...

Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    I guess if you feel that strongly about the gays, then you need to toss your computers in the trash and stop posting here. Microsoft also supports gay marriage.
    I have no anomosity towards homosexuals other than I don't care for being exposed to their chosen lifestyle. This is the main problem with people like you. You simply refuse to accept that life is not just black and white and you have no respect for the grey areas that others object to. You are as intolerant as radical homosexuals are.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by ADillon View Post
    Gay people have to buy their stuff somewhere don't they? Is it really that bothersome that home depot doesn't shun homosexuals? This is like the opposite end of the spectrum from the whole chic-fillet thing. The problem with this country isn't that people are gay or that people aren't gay or that one comapny has policies that lean this way or that, it is simply that people can't respect other people's decisions, beleifs, lifestyles, etc... If you are one of these people who can't accept other people, you are the real problem here. All other problerms are secondary to people of that mind set thinking that they should be able to dictate how everyone else should feel, think, act, express themselves, etc... It is a complete lack of empathy and understanding on peoples these type of people's part (homsexual, or homophobic) that is there real problem. I don't want to hear someone bash gays and their rights anymore than i want to have gay people parading around shoving their lifestyles in my face. To me both people are the same; small minded jerks.
    So you don't mind the north american man-boy love association? What about the people into beastiality? How do I keep my dog safe?
    And hey, a case could be made that rape is a sexual orientation.

I bet you don't like people who steal. Who would you be to judge someone? And why does it all have to center around sex? Maybe stealing is a SEXUAL (OH! I LOVE THAT WORD!) fetish to some. So, please, don't be harsh on thieves. Try to understand them.

Whatever anyone wants to do anywhere should be okay. And why shouldn't people be in your face? Who are you to judge them?
    Are you a hater? A face-a-phobic?

Who gives you or anyone else the right to have standards? If you are going to believe something, don't be a hypocrite about it, go all out. Or believe nothing, with the same zeal.

So what if crotch dogs want your children. Where do you get the right to oppose it, if you do ?

We have standards for a reason. When the standards are violated, bad things happen.

Please don't respond in a judgmental, angry,un-accepting way. I would be disappointed that you can't accept me the way I am, not allowing me to feel, think, act, and express myself express.

Although that does seem to be what you are doing in your posts.

You have an opinion about other peoples opinions which is exactly what you are against.

That seems boldly hypocritical.

Please remember to be empathetic and understanding in your reply.

In other words...... Don't stand for anything

It might be entertaining if it just wasn't so prevelant. I have to hear small minded people spouting their opinions at me all the time. Most of the time they assume that i agree with them becasue i just let them talk and don't really voice my opinion. I try to avoid reading these threads and especially commenting on them, but every once in a while, i can't refrain. I would much rather participate in a technically based conversation on HVAC than this type of thread but yes it is at least entertaining/interesting to read from time to time. I just blows my mind how one dimensional some people are and it makes me sad becasue i know that some of these guys are top notch HVAC guys who's opinions i respect when it comes to the field but they are so far off base with they way they view and function within the world that sometimes i have to question whether or not i should even listen to what they have to say when it comes to HVAC...
    I'm sure all of the small minded people are grateful for your restraint of being so intolerant of them and their beliefs.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by ironpit View Post
    So you don't mind the north american man-boy love association? What about the people into beastiality? How do I keep my dog safe?
    And hey, a case could be made that rape is a sexual orientation.

I bet you don't like people who steal. Who would you be to judge someone? And why does it all have to center around sex? Maybe stealing is a SEXUAL (OH! I LOVE THAT WORD!) fetish to some. So, please, don't be harsh on thieves. Try to understand them.

Whatever anyone wants to do anywhere should be okay. And why shouldn't people be in your face? Who are you to judge them?
    Are you a hater? A face-a-phobic?

Who gives you or anyone else the right to have standards? If you are going to believe something, don't be a hypocrite about it, go all out. Or believe nothing, with the same zeal.

So what if crotch dogs want your children. Where do you get the right to oppose it, if you do ?

We have standards for a reason. When the standards are violated, bad things happen.

Please don't respond in a judgmental, angry,un-accepting way. I would be disappointed that you can't accept me the way I am, not allowing me to feel, think, act, and express myself express.

Although that does seem to be what you are doing in your posts.

You have an opinion about other peoples opinions which is exactly what you are against.

That seems boldly hypocritical.

Please remember to be empathetic and understanding in your reply.

In other words...... Don't stand for anything
    Sex with a minor, boy or girl is illegal. Sex with an animal is illegal. Stealing is illegal. So yes I have a problem with those things becasue they are against the law and there is a victim involved in each crime. At the same time i wouldn't blindly HATE anyone just becasue they commited one of those crimes, although i do find some of them to be disgusting and despicable crimes. Most people who commit crimes such as child rapre where victims of the same sort of abuse, as a child.

Homosexuality is not illegal and neither is adult, consensual sex, be it homosexual or not. There is no correlation between the crimes that you have used as examples and homosexuality although I'm sure in your mind it should be a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I'm sure all of the small minded people are grateful for your restraint of being so intolerant of them and their beliefs.
    I'm sure that they are not. But i'm very greatful for your sarcastic comment.

Sex with a minor, boy or girl is illegal. Sex with an animal is illegal. Stealing is illegal. So yes I have a problem with those things becasue they are against the law and there is a victim involved in each crime. At the same time i wouldn't blindly HATE anyone just becasue they commited one of those crimes, although i do find some of them to be disgusting and despicable crimes. Most people who commit crimes such as child rapre where victims of the same sort of abuse, as a child.

Homosexuality is not illegal and neither is adult, consensual sex, be it homosexual or not. There is no correlation between the crimes that you have used as examples and homosexuality although I'm sure in your mind it should be a crime.
    Funny Dillon you are the only one here who is expressing hatred and it is directed that those who disapprove of flagrant open displays of homosexual acts in public (kissing, fondling, etc.) and Christians in general.

We don't "hate" homosexuals nor have expressed such like you have at those who have a different opinion than you have. You also have expressed hate at those of us who would prefer to shop somewhere else that at Home Depot which spends some of their profit to promote the gay agenda.

You are welcome to shop there and that doesn't brother me or others who choose not to but you seem to go spastic at those of us who choose not to. I hope you would tone your rhetoric and hate speech down and have a "civil" discussion about this issue if that would be possible from you. Thank you, thank you very much
    Last edited by glennac; 08-16-2012 at 11:19 AM.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny Dillon you are the only one here who is expressing hatred and it is directed that those who disapprove of flagrant open displays of homosexual acts in public (kissing, fondling, etc.) and Christians in general.

We don't "hate" homosexuals nor have expressed such like you have at those who have a different opinion than you have. You also have expressed hate at those of us who would prefer to shop somewhere else that at Home Depot which spends some of their profit to promote the gay agenda.

You are welcome to shop there and that doesn't brother me or others who choose not to but you seem to go spastic at those of us who choose not to. I hope you would tone your rhetoric and hate speech done and have a "civil" discussion about this issue if that would be possible from you. Thank you, thank you very much
    I haven't expressed any hatred or spouted any rhetoric. Unless trying to remain open minded is hatefull. My distaste isn't directed towards anyone who disapproves of homsexuality. As i stated earlier, homosexuals who want to get all up in arms over chic-filet are exhibiting the same behaviour as homophobes are over home depot. You have obviously missed the point. You can shop anywhere you want and it won't bother me one bit. You can think anything you want and it won't bother me one bit. It's your right. I haven't gone spastic at all. I simply said that it is rude to openly and without consideration of other people's feelings and/or lifestyles, voice hatefull and narrow minded views. Consideration for other people seems to be a trait that has escapped you entirely and when someone sais 'hey you're actng like a jerk. how about showing some consideration?' you immediately try to shift the blame to that person as if there is something wrong with disapproving of your position. It isn't your position that is offensive, it is the way you express it. I goto chic-filet and home depot and could care less about their policies. If i did care, then i wouldn't shop there, but i wouldn't force my polarized views, unsolicited onto other people.

I have a question...have any anti-gay organizations called for picket lines to be formed around Home depot? I ask because I don't know.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast