Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mayor Bloomberg = Social Engineer

http://healthland.time.com/2012/09/1...d-soft-drinks/

The first step to behavior modification is to start banning things. Obviously Loonberg thinks he knows better than you what to eat and drink. YOU have no personal responsibility. YOU don't know how to live. Loonberg and the government WILL run your life for you.

Whats next, is he going to put out a monthly menu that NYC residence are going to have to follow.
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

When people Wake Up it's going to be toooooo late. When an Elected official can basically decide what size soft drinks/sodas we can buy, Houston We Have A Friggin Problem.

Don't know if anyone has caught this other little EPA regulation that's coming on the new 15% Ethanol Gas. You Can Not Buy Less Than 4 Gallons. If you ride a motorcycle, scooter have a 1 gallon gas can and pump anything less than 4 gallons, you pay for 4. (This is Not a Hi-Jack, it's basically the Same thing. Big Azz Brother Regulating What You Can or Can No Do.)

http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/...urchase-of-e15
    Yes, I know I Shouldn't But I Just Can't Help Myself...

It's such a stupid idea to begin with, so they can't sell a 32oz cup of soda. Are they going to arrest you for buying two 16oz cups of soda?

In New Jersey come 2013(Maybe April or May not sure), you will not be able to buy a furnace that is less than 95% eff.

They should make a law that for every new law passed they have to repeal 5 old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinster View Post
    It's such a stupid idea to begin with, so they can't sell a 32oz cup of soda. Are they going to arrest you for buying two 16oz cups of soda?

In New Jersey come 2013(Maybe April or May not sure), you will not be able to buy a furnace that is less than 95% eff.

They should make a law that for every new law passed they have to repeal 5 old ones.
    The law bans the sale of large sugary drinks. It doesn't affect diet pop, and the purchaser doesn't get fined, the seller does.
    Let me ask you this. Who in the holy hell needs 64oz of sugar water???
    Despite the arguement that some have that you should be able to eat what you want, you won't be buying anything when you're dead at 50 from the various ailments that occur from being morbidly obese. When everyone stops being fat and lazy, healthcare costs will drop and productivity will rise. A bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    The law bans the sale of large sugary drinks. It doesn't affect diet pop, and the purchaser doesn't get fined, the seller does.
    Despite the arguement that some have that you should be able to eat what you want, you won't be buying anything when you're dead at 50 from the various ailments that occur from being morbidly obese. When everyone stops being fat and lazy, healthcare costs will drop and productivity will rise. A bad thing?
    And who the hell are you or that jerk to tell me I can't? Get the hell out of my lunchbox!

Sheet....like it's the only cause.
    Hitler would be proud.

Health Care cost will rise significantly as more and more doctors close up private practice and go under the umbrella of being associated with a hospital.
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    Making poor choices is part of being in a free society. If someone wants to eat garbage and have a unhealthy life so be it. Yes, 64oz is a hell of a lot of "sugar water" but they are choosing to purchase it. Yes, I understand it's 8 times the serving size. Health cost won't drop because of this, malpractice insurance is still going to be very expensive. So yes, in short it's a very bad thing when someone who has no clue who I am can try to control what I drink. And what in the holy hell is going to stop a person from buying 2 or 3 16oz sugar waters.

Quote Originally Posted by Home&Marine View Post
    When people Wake Up it's going to be toooooo late. When an Elected official can basically decide what size soft drinks/sodas we can buy, Houston We Have A Friggin Problem.

Don't know if anyone has caught this other little EPA regulation that's coming on the new 15% Ethanol Gas. You Can Not Buy Less Than 4 Gallons. If you ride a motorcycle, scooter have a 1 gallon gas can and pump anything less than 4 gallons, you pay for 4. (This is Not a Hi-Jack, it's basically the Same thing. Big Azz Brother Regulating What You Can or Can No Do.)

http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/...urchase-of-e15
    Did you actually read that article ???

If so... I suggest you go to the nearest elementary school and enroll for some reading comprehension lessons.

The reason for the 4 dollar minimum purchase is clearly explained...and that is that if you run E 15 in your scooter then you are going to prematurely wear the engine out. ( On a side note...E10 also does this to any vehicle it is used in.)

Its the american motorcycle association that begged the government to do this.

And of course it is only on "blender pumps" that will dispense e10 and e15 thru the same hose.
    May Allah Guide Us Towards The Right Path and move us towards a better understanding of Allah and Allahs Creation.

The scary thing is that an arse like Bloomberg is getting away with it, without a challenge from the courts.

Who mad him king of that city.....O I forgot, its the same people who voted for hope and change.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Did you actually read that article ???

If so... I suggest you go to the nearest elementary school and enroll for some reading comprehension lessons.

The reason for the 4 dollar minimum purchase is clearly explained...and that is that if you run E 15 in your scooter then you are going to prematurely wear the engine out. ( On a side note...E10 also does this to any vehicle it is used in.)

Its the american motorcycle association that begged the government to do this.

And of course it is only on "blender pumps" that will dispense e10 and e15 thru the same hose.
    It Did Not Say 4 Dollars, It Says 4 Gallons. Ethanol in gas is bad for numerous reasons.

How about you go read it again Einstein.

"Not only do we find it unacceptable for the EPA to mandate that everyone - including our members - buy minimum amounts of gas, but the EPA answer simply won't work because of the sizes of many motorcycle and ATV gas tanks and the fact that off-highway riders take containers of gas with them on their trips, and most times those containers are much smaller than four gallons," Allard said.
    Yes, I know I Shouldn't But I Just Can't Help Myself...

Im okay with the small sodas law if you dont have health insurance. Maybe you can by a jumbo if you prove the gov does pay for your healthcare.

Quote Originally Posted by Home&Marine View Post
    It Did Not Say 4 Dollars, It Says 4 Gallons. Ethanol in gas is bad for numerous reasons.

How about you go read it again Einstein.

"Not only do we find it unacceptable for the EPA to mandate that everyone - including our members - buy minimum amounts of gas, but the EPA answer simply won't work because of the sizes of many motorcycle and ATV gas tanks and the fact that off-highway riders take containers of gas with them on their trips, and most times those containers are much smaller than four gallons," Allard said.

The EPA revealed the requirement to the AMA in a letter dated Aug. 1, responding to AMA concerns that E15 - a gasoline formulation that contains up to 15 percent ethanol by volume - could be put in motorcycle and ATV gas tanks inadvertently when consumers use blender pumps. A blender pump dispenses different fuel blends through the same hose, and the vast majority of motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles in use today aren't designed to operate on E15 fuel.

The AMA went to the EPA wanting something done and they got action from the epa.

Want less than 4 gallons then go to a pump that doesnt sell e15 and e10 thru the same hose.

Or hey.... buy yourself a 5 gallon tank and strap it to the back of your scooter.
    May Allah Guide Us Towards The Right Path and move us towards a better understanding of Allah and Allahs Creation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast