Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Manifold Choice...too many!

I am half way through a 13 month program and I'm tired of using the tool rooms crappy manifolds. I'm down to two options and looking for feedback.

I'm looking at the Yellow Jacket Titan or the Hilmor. I want analog for now...gotta learn old school before going digital!

Both are 4-valve with hoses and ball valves, site glasses and so on. The biggest difference I see: the Hilmor has the dual thermometer and clamps attached. it seems like we do SubCool and SuperHeat every other time we hook up the gauges, so I thought that was a cool feature.

Other than than, they seem identical. Everybody has a YJ and says they're awesome. While that's true, I don't hear much about the Hilmor. Are there any techs using it in the field with an honest opinion?

Post Likes
    Titians all day. If you can't do sh and sc on the fly then you should keep working on it manually. I'll be honest I don't own anything hilmor and from a lot of what I've read any kind of tools related to gauges I probably won't ever as of now. You'll like the titians.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes Ssobel liked this post
    Post Likes
    The Hilmor gauges are cheap plastic and will break. The manifold is nice though. I put Yellow Jacket gauges on my Hilmor manifold and it works great.

5. Likes Ssobel liked this post
    Post Likes
    Well, that's 2 for Yellow Jacket!

Post Likes
    I like the Imperial 621/644. Hilmor's are pure garbage
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    Titan Yellow Jacket

Post Likes
    Yellow Jacket Brute 2

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I use Hilmor and don't have any complaints works just the same as Yellow Jacket as far as I can tell.

Post Likes
    Sooty, do you have the dual temp gauge attached? If so, is that really helpful?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssobel View Post
    Sooty, do you have the dual temp gauge attached? If so, is that really helpful?
    No I have a temp probe for my multimeter that I use and I always have my meter with me anyway.

13. Likes Ssobel liked this post
    Post Likes
    Older school, Eastman Imperials 4 valve, with 3/8 vacuum hose connection

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooty View Post
    I use Hilmor and don't have any complaints works just the same as Yellow Jacket as far as I can tell.
    The gauge casing is made of plastic. I've broken 2 sets, and not really sure how. The back cracks. I never dropped them, I think it was just from hanging them in the van.
    The Y.J.'s are metal.

I do like the manifolds because I used the Hilmor dual temp clamps and clamp them on there.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dehno View Post
    The gauge casing is made of plastic. I've broken 2 sets, and not really sure how. The back cracks. I never dropped them, I think it was just from hanging them in the van.
    The Y.J.'s are metal.

I do like the manifolds because I used the Hilmor dual temp clamps and clamp them on there.
    I only bought mine last August so we'll see how they hold up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast