Post Likes

Adding a BBMD Device to Delta Controls

Hi Everyone,

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Chris Barrett, I'm from Newfoundland Canada and I have been a master electrician for 20 years and a licensed refrigeration mechanic for the past 10 years. I also do building automation which leads me to my question. I have a Delta Controls platform in a commercial building in which the owner would like to add a Schneider PowerLogic EM4800 power monitoring system. The PowerLogic system is BACnet/IP and is setup via a BBMD scenario.

I was wondering if any of you fine people would know how to setup this BBMD device to a Delta Controls DSC-1616E controller? I have a few ideas myself, but would love someone else's opinion. BTW, I love this site, and I'm looking forward in learning a lot, and meeting some GREAT people!!!

Cheers,
    Chris
    (4barretts)

Post Likes
    BBMD setup becomes necessary only when attempting to communicate through a router (internet or separated segments on a LAN). Otherwise, they should communicate without BBMD if they're on a common LAN segment. If required, BBMD would need to be configured on both devices. This involves calling out the IP address of the peer in BBMD tables. Valid Gateway address and subnet mask would also required at that point.