Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bbishoff06 View Post
    first i would like to thank you for your service to our country , i got int this industry buy checking out ABC.org they have an apprenticeship program that is 4 years with classroom time and on the job training
    Just curious. Why is the UA mentioned way more than the abc program? I just checked out the guys over in my area (Orlando) and they actually have a website vs local 803 (UA) and have a lot more information available but this is probably only the second time I've seen abc mentioned since I've joined this site.

What I would do if I was in your shoes is buy the text book "Modern Refrigeration" for about $100 and read every chapter and reread it until you understand it well. Then when you get out and go to an actual school you will be a step ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by WMG View Post
    What I would do if I was in your shoes is buy the text book "Modern Refrigeration" for about $100 and read every chapter and reread it until you understand it well. Then when you get out and go to an actual school you will be a step ahead.
    ^ yes. Pick up any book you can and read it. You might not know what everything means, but you will be amazed on what sticks in the back of your mind and what gets stirred out at the times when its needed in school. The best book ive found hands down is the old trane recip ac book. Its written with all the old refrigerants, but the temps are all the same as today. It is the best read for ac and refrigeration I own. just remember, everyobne needs heat or cold to live.

Quote Originally Posted by figaro12 View Post
    ^ yes. Pick up any book you can and read it. You might not know what everything means, but you will be amazed on what sticks in the back of your mind and what gets stirred out at the times when its needed in school. The best book ive found hands down is the old trane recip ac book. Its written with all the old refrigerants, but the temps are all the same as today. It is the best read for ac and refrigeration I own. just remember, everyobne needs heat or cold to live.
    Ditto.. Loaned that out years ago and never saw it again.

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Stamas View Post
    Ditto.. Loaned that out years ago and never saw it again.
    Thats what happens to everything I have ever loaned out with a few exceptions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12