How old is this Heil system

I'm trying to get quotes for a new air conditioner (July is the best time to do that, right?! ... or not)

We've lived in our home for 9 years, and have kept this system plugging along. I'm of the mindset that *anything* will be more efficient than this system.

Can anybody give me an idea of how old it is? And how many ton? I'd love to know what the SEER rating would have been for something like this.

Thanks!

It's an old model number for sure. I would guess around 1983.

Thanks, I wasn't sure - because I read elsewhere that the 80s systems stared with H, I believe. However, this sucker is old. I think that might have to be the answer I live with!

[QUOTE=t8rtot;13679591]Thanks, I wasn't sure - because I read elsewhere that the 80s systems stared with H, I believe. However, this sucker is old. I think that might have to be the answer I live with![/QUOTE

I used to have an old book where I could cross referance the model # to find the size, date it was built and the efficiency.

I gave the book away when I got out of the business. The one model number is a Heil #....the other # is for when it was sold thru Sears. I have forgotten the Sears name for it.

Wouldn't be surprised to be mid 80s. Rundawg probably has a sheet to decode the serial #.

You will need to change more than the outdoor unit or there will be no savings,if the rest of the unit is the same age need to replace itall

They'll also replace the a-coil. The furnace is much newer. What else should I make sure that they replace?