Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dogs and Techs

Quote Originally Posted by freonrick View Post
    been bit once by a doberman, he got one tooth in me. he didnt know I was suppose to be there. once he knew that his master had me there he was my buddy forever. the only other dog problem I had was a puppy scattered my tools all over the back yard.
    funny you mention that, I had a golden "retrieve" my tools one at a time. I added an extra half hour to that job to get my tools back......little S
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

The other day I had an ankle biter attack me after I turned around to head out the door, it only got my pants. A year ago I went on a call, they had a dog on a chain viciously barking and trying to get at me, I heard the typical "he won't bite don't worry". As I was leaving they didn't hold the chain back and it attacked and ripped a hole in my pants and nicked my leg, I turned and said " it don't bite hey", not surprising they didn't seem to care. I love dogs but I won't hesitate to kick one in the ribs to keep safe. When people come to my house I lock my wife's 12 pound dog up and other people should have the same respect.
    I feel sorry that you had to deal with this in the family. They should be picking up the tab.

Other people's dogs are a PITA.

Nasty.

That son sounds like a total tool. The dysfunction and abuse in situations like that get passed down from generation to generation.

Pits should be heavily regulated. For some reason the low lifes in our society seem to think the bigger and meaner the pit the better status symbol they are.

A spray bottle of clorox works really well as a deterent.

Quote Originally Posted by ncboston View Post
    Other people's dogs are a PITA.
    +1

Did I menton we don't own any dogs. Just one very friendly cat. He only bites if try to squish him or rip his fur or tail out , first after a loud cry and all efforts to escape have failed. Even then he's never drawn blood.

I hope I never have to find out how I'd fare one on one against a dog hand to "hand". I've always said that if one knocked my down while cycling (has a few get close). I like friendly dogs that don't lick incessently (narrows the field). Otherwise, I really dislike dogs. I grew up with small dogs, and we owned one for about 4 months... now i dislike dogs even more.

I was on a no heat call, a young lady answered the doors. While she was showing me around, I heard a big dog barking. She said I worries, he's locked up. Finished the service call, then realized I needed to step inside and double check something before I left. I rang the doorbell, she answered holding the dog by the collar (I bet he weighed more than she did). Said come in, he's ok. Got one foot in the door, dog went nuts, she hung on but he got to me. Bit through my shirt and pants before I could get back out the door.

The other day a lady answered the door trying to hold back three big dogs that were going nuts trying to get to the door, she could barely handle one. Through the screen door she asks - do you mind the dogs?......uh.....yeah....

I found that if your lucky enough to be carrying a jug of freon they do not like liguid shot on their nose. They retreat faster than they charged.

dont you just love the "he wont bite" as the 5 lb. dog tries to bite. told the home owner i dont care but as soon as he draws blood ill own your house.

scary house i was at had an irish wolf hound. the dog bowel was on the washer to keep the small dogs out of his food. that dog could stand on all 4 legs and look you in the eye. he was a very freindly dog, unless the owner was not home.

Quote Originally Posted by nes4ever69 View Post
    dont you just love the "he wont bite" as the 5 lb. dog tries to bite. told the home owner i dont care but as soon as he draws blood ill own your house.

scary house i was at had an irish wolf hound. the dog bowel was on the washer to keep the small dogs out of his food. that dog could stand on all 4 legs and look you in the eye. he was a very freindly dog, unless the owner was not home.
    As a friend of mine used to say to customers, 'then how does he eat'?

Only problems I had with dogs was when I ran residential service in Detroit, one thing was certain.

If they had a dog, they let it **** in the basement. Usually, next to the furnace.
    Told more than one owner "Sorry Sir/Mam, I'm not going to work on it till you clean up the dog ****, I wouldn't ask you to work in it."

Usually they apologized, and took care of it. A few I left and never had to return. I just seemed like that was "they way it is", I guess if you had the dog for protection and were worried bout it getting stolen for dog fights........

I have two dog stories...

First one was years ago... a 'heinz-57' puppy started growling at me... thought I should not be there. I looked it right in the eyes with a 'just try it and see what happens to you' look... after about a minute of staring the puppy backed off.

The other one was a month ago... little doxin (sp) wanted to nip at my heel. Treated him the same way... just stared at him with a look that said: You are biting off more than you think. Guy backed off.

Both times I had a fairly LARGE tool in my hand... that probably helped.

Now cats... they seem to all realize I am a sucker for attention... they all warm up to me. Makes for easier sales... the owners seem to think if the pet likes me I must be OK...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I carry a police issued night stick in my van. Picked it up at an auction. Its heavy and can deliver a hit. Never had to use it and the dogs are pretty well mannered @ 90% of the houses I go to. When I get to the other 10% where they are aggressive or look like they are not cared for it goes in my bag. Im straight with those customers. They ask --thats a wierd tool you got, smiling while they make the comment. I say --Its for your dog. If he comes close to me growling ill beat it down in self defense-- they lose the smile after that. I've been bit before and never again
    If your not getting the results you desire then change. People change from either desperation or inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by nes4ever69 View Post

I've worked at a house multiple times the owner had 2 of them, while there growling at me the lady tells me they won't bite, they didnt bite but the sure didn't mind crashing into me and stuff lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast