YORK Duplex Oil Filter Leak

York model YSDCDBS3-CMCS S-3 Compressor
    I have a duplex oil filter leaking from the shaft of the change over indicating valve. My question is there a rebuild kit and instructions for this oil filter or do I need to replace it.

Does anybody have a replacement part number for the whole filter from York ?

Oil Filter= Pall Industrial Model 8670

instructions for use should be on the metal/red tag on the side of the filter assembly, I've never seen a rebuild kit for them. Don't even see a part number to reorder the entire assembly.

Thanks, I have ordered a repair kit from York we'll see what comes in and if it works. The instructions I am looking for is the rebuild or repair.

Sorry, was in in a hurry when i replied, rebuild instructions makes more sense, i wasn't thinking, just responding. Are you getting a rebuild kit or a whole new assembly? Did you explain to them what was leaking? I have a feeling you might get two filters and some o-rings if not.

You'd be better off to retro the thing to the current style single oil filter that was used on the D & E style YS's. Much less pressure drop thru the filter housing. Infinitely easier to replace the filter.

Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    You'd be better off to retro the thing to the current style single oil filter that was used on the D & E style YS's. Much less pressure drop thru the filter housing. Infinitely easier to replace the filter.
    If you need to change filters without shutting down, don't go to the single filter.

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy80 View Post
    If you need to change filters without shutting down, don't go to the single filter.
    Or think independently and use two singles to build your own duplex.

Even if you go back with a single, the filter can be changed in about 5 minutes with the current style canister.

There's only been two other canisters used by York that were as sorry as the that duplex - the current canister on the YK's and the one for the YT's that used the -004 O ring.

Go to a single, I have yet to change a filter while running, other than for a clean up situation. And then I would use more than just the little filters.

Sometimes less is more.

I only mentioned, changing while running, because I have several machines that cool injection mold machines that are in production 24/7/364.

Thanks guys I let the customer decide and ordered the repair kit and I should be able to go back this week. I'll let you know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by chille View Post
    Thanks guys I let the customer decide and ordered the repair kit and I should be able to go back this week. I'll let you know how it goes.
    all went well with the kit, had all the parts and was an easy fix.