Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Huntinwalkerstyle, this is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Your post has been deleted.
    Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    With the pitch on the fan, that's looks like it should be an 825 rpm motor, is it?
    I will have to check. To my knowledge, all parts are original from when it was installed when the house was built, with nothing replaced (12 yr old unit). The fan does work, and works well - this noise does not happen all the time. As described in earlier posts, this occurs randomly and clears up, and the whole unit works - until it doesn't.

I would shut the whole unit down and keep it off until the tech comes out. The problem is that the last time I did this, when he came out the unit turned on fine, and he wasn't able to diagnose anything wrong. I did not have this recording last time, so I will have to play it for him the next time I call him out. Not sure if he will be able to diagnose based on a video and a working unit - as pros, would you guys be able to work with a customer who has this issue?

Tell your tech to check one thing first

and I hinted to what Mr bill posted.

And you will have the mysterious problematical issued.

High or low pressure switch cutting condensed unit off either because of a leak or high head. Not enough info.

Quick update - finally got it fixed, turns out the capacitor needed replacement. It sporadically did not provide enough for the fan to start, in turn leaving the compressor on, making that noise? I think that makes sense, if I remember correctly from what the tech said.

Anyways, appreciate everyone's help here. Great thing you guys are doing, helping us non-experts in AC.

i have seen

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, questions, or commentary in other peoples threads here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

Last edited by beenthere; 07-25-2012 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Message

captaincompressor, this is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

Your post has been deleted.
    Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12