Attachment 275291

Did this maybe a year ago.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    Attachment 275281
    Attachment 275291

Did this maybe a year ago.
    Hard to see, but looks good.

The only thing I'd say, is your air scoop. I know you don't have alot of room there, trying to keep everything nice and tight.
    Unfortunetly, your inlet from your air scoop should have 20" or so of straight pipe before the scoop, so you have laminar flow, instead of turbulent flow. It helps with air removal.

Since you didn't have the space to gain your 20", I would suggest an enhanced air seperator. They generally have 0" clearance (some even come in on the botom), and are only around 2x the price (sounds like alot, but keep in mind how cheap the scoop is.)

Diffenetly plenty of ball valves, which rocks. Especially for the exp tank.

How did you like the triangle tube? I favor them over the lochinvar wall hungs.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Post Likes
    All I have ever put in is traingle tube, we have had such good luck compared to the other design. I no about the 20" rule but man this was a tight one lol, I like the callefi 1" sweat vent less fittings and fit better, I worked for another hvac company that used them only, the current seems to only use the air scoops, to cheap I guess. Thanks I like running pipe and trying to make it look nice.

Post Likes
    Oh and I always use way more valves than anyone because I also service, nothing gets me crabbier than an expansion tank with no valve.

Post Likes
    All I have ever put in is traingle tube, we have had such good luck compared to the other design. I no about the 20" rule but man this was a tight one lol, I like the callefi 1" sweat vent less fittings and fit better, I worked for another hvac company that used them only, the current seems to only use the air scoops, to cheap I guess. Thanks I like running pipe and trying to make it look nice.
    Yeah, the callefi was the one I was thinking of in particular.

I know how it is about using the scoops though. Gotta use what they provide.

Beating my head against a wall trying to get them to use them.

Which, is sad, because we usually go back to rebleed after a month.

The callefi I used, we never went back
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Post Likes
    Long story short my boss just started getting into resi. I've always used to good air vents but. My boss one day tried to convince us how good the caleffi ones are (we knew) but nevers supplies them lol. I'm sure you know this trick for getting air out, put a purge valve on return of loop, pressurize loop and blow it out of a garden hose, repeat till no bubbles. The valve has to be last I'n line to keep water from backfeeding.

Post Likes
    Long story short my boss just started getting into resi. I've always used to good air vents but. My boss one day tried to convince us how good the caleffi ones are (we knew) but nevers supplies them lol. I'm sure you know this trick for getting air out, put a purge valve on return of loop, pressurize loop and blow it out of a garden hose, repeat till no bubbles. The valve has to be last I'n line to keep water from backfeeding.
    Yep. Purging station. Gotta do those on just about every infloor job we do, and it works great.

The reason we have to go back, is because as you run the boiler, you heat the air out of the water. Which is the point of the air seperator.

Except a scoop sucks when your dealing with 100% fresh water. Alot gets past the scoop.

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Post Likes
    Good point, I guess I've had that before too. Some of the really hacked systems can be a nightmare to get the air out. The houses from the 50s-70s seem to be the worst. The common return and no valves are the normal for them it seems.

Post Likes
    Good piping work.

That Taco primary loop pump is hanging motor down, they should only be installed with the motor shaft horizontal, never vertical down.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Good piping work.

That Taco primary loop pump is hanging motor down, they should only be installed with the motor shaft horizontal, never vertical down.
    Ya I see that, I'm thinking I rotated it because I wouldn't do that, changing motor would suck. I hope I did anyways none of these pics were finished pruduct. When I sweat flanges I have pump in loose, no gaskets just for ease.

Post Likes
    x2 for the caleffi air eliminator

nice clean plumb pipe sir

Post Likes
    Sir I'm just a kid lol, when I got into this trade a plumber my master was very picky, now I try to be picky but also get the job done in a timely fashion. Thanks though I really take pride in a nice pipe job.

Post Likes
    when you do demonstrate clean workmanship you deserve to be called 'sir' by your peers, no matter what your age is

Post Likes
    Well thanks that means a lot, I'm 26 so I have some time under my belt but still learn everyday. I did this one by myself in 2 21/2 days, removal and install.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in