I have a 4 ton 10 SEER Coleman/Intertherm system with a Nordyne A-Coil. The A-Coil keeps freezing up, and I have pretty much determined that I have a leak, and that more than likely it's the A-Coil. Having said all that, I was advised that I might be better off getting a new system. If I do get a new system, do I have to go back with the trailer crap that I had before (or some other name brand trailer crap)? I got less than 6 years of service on this equipment so I would like to have something that I can rely on. Second part of the question is; would I be able to change out say the outside unit and the inside A-coil part without changing out the heater portion (trying to save money)? Sorry for being so long winded. Any advice is appreciated.

Yea, you can do just the A/C and I dont

use trailer A/C equip on them. I install Amana in trailers. Throw away that $6. plastic thermostat while yer at it. http://yourhome.honeywell.com/Consum...RO/Default.htm
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Originally posted by smokdivr28
    If I do get a new system, do I have to go back with the trailer crap that I had before (or some other name brand trailer crap)?
    Pretty much. Trailer homes have a different type of duct setup using a smaller trunk than the typical stick built house. I doubt a regular furnace / air handler would work well, if at all.
    Second part of the question is; would I be able to change out say the outside unit and the inside A-coil part without changing out the heater portion (trying to save money)?
    Absolutely.

mobile unit

you can use any manufacturer as long as it is a down flow. where i live there are a lot of mobile home units. i have used carrier and all. it must say approved for manufactured homes.

I have seen some of the coleman A-Coils start leaking after 4 years. But that doesn't happen that much. Just replacing the coil would less expensive than replacing the whole system.

I'd just replace the indoor coil.

You don't want to know the trouble you'll have going to a 13 seer if you get a new unit.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?