+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Speed clean coil jet system

Post Likes

Speed clean coil jet system

Has any ever used this. I got a couple of questions.
    -can you use any coil cleaner in it or do you have to use there.
    - can you put warm/hot water in it.
    - do you have to use a coil cleaner, can it be used as a stand alone water washer.

http://www.speedclean.com/products/coiljet.aspx

Post Likes
    You realize that's 600 for that set up?? Everytime I've tried cleaning a coil without using a hose, I about killed myself hauling water onto a roof. This was with using a power washer, which cuts down on the amount of water used. To wash two Bard units, that were cleaned every year, it took 60 gallons of water, minimum. This was with using a pump up sprayer, followed by power washing with a booster pump pulling out of a barrel.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat323 View Post
    Has any ever used this. I got a couple of questions.
    -can you use any coil cleaner in it or do you have to use there.
    - can you put warm/hot water in it.
    - do you have to use a coil cleaner, can it be used as a stand alone water washer.

http://www.speedclean.com/products/coiljet.aspx
    Its 399.00 at Johnstone this month. I have one, and have had it for 2-2.5 yrs now. You can not use just any coil cleaner in it. You can not use very many. What we use at our shop you cant use in it. I just keep a sprayer a large, and a hand held. I also dont use it to clean condensors, I only use it to clean evap coils. I will use it on a cond if there is not water sorce, but a hose is the preferd method. Works great on evap coils filled with crap. You can use hot tap water, or at least I do sometimes. This is not a stand alone, you must use chemicals.

Post Likes
    What i got now is something like this but with out putting a cleaner in, i got it long time ago when i detailing cars, when no water is nearby. But the charge on it sucks. just looking for something with more time using.
    yea the price is high, what i have now ( forget who makes it) was only about $115 at a detail shop.

Orange County, in a Galaxy far far away...
    Post Likes
    Picked up my brand new coil jet on Wednesday...
    Get home plug in battery, leave on charge over night.

Get to job site 7am next morning, find coil jet stone dead.

Turns out unit had been sitting on shelf for nearly 3 years and "wet cycle" battery had dried up.

Just picked up the replacement from Johstone supply. So we'll see what round 2 brings!

Post Likes
    I use this same set up on Bard because radio towers have no water nearby. It does take 30 gallons of water per unit.
    Doug

Post Likes
    We have one and in all honesty it is a great tool.

I would recommend buying a second battery for back up. The only cleaner we had ever used in it is Green Clean from New Calgon..

Let us know what you think.
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

Post Likes
    GT Jets

I too will only use green clean in the cj 95. It's company policy for coil cleaning to use nothing but...

However I think I'm the only tech to buy one of these, everyone is kinda waiting to see how it turns out.

Post Likes
    I bought a power washer distributed by Diversatech. I only put water thru it. I use a pump sprayer for chemicals and use the power washer for rinse. Baker's sells it for aboy $150.00 Northern tool has them for $129.00. Has a rechargable battery.
    Doug

Post Likes
    Took my virgin cj95 out for a play today, quite impressed with the foaming action and overall cleaning power of the spray.
    Not as powerful as I thought it would be, took a few trips to the water source but the results are far far better than Hudson sprayer.
    Saving up f

Post Likes
    I have used it in the attic on evap coils and on dry rooftops. This is perfect for attic coils though. I put no rinse evap coil cleaner in the chemical side and fill the water up, set it to very low ratio and spray coil down. watch for overflow at condensate though. I jump down and fill it up while the coil foams up. Get back up and use brush and coil jet with just water until water runs out. then vacuum out condensate pan and line, seal up coil and get outta there. I sell a lot of coil cleanings so it has paid for itself many times over. Of course outdoor coils get the pump sprayer and a hose with my flat spray attachment.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in