Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    sight glass w/ bubble

    the sight glass for this refrigeration system has bubble. it's in a system for a walk-in cooler. With subcooling about 30 deg.the sight glass still show bubble. There is a liquid receiver on the up-stream after the condenser. what do i missed? this system is over charged at this point, but Y? Any suggestion?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    2,892
    Quote Originally Posted by koolerdude View Post
    the sight glass for this refrigeration system has bubble. it's in a system for a walk-in cooler. With subcooling about 30 deg.the sight glass still show bubble. There is a liquid receiver on the up-stream after the condenser. what do i missed? this system is over charged at this point, but Y? Any suggestion?
    I had one like that. Took 60LBS out of a 20lb sack. LLFD was clogged and so was the inlet txv screens.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,191
    Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    I had one like that. Took 60LBS out of a 20lb sack. LLFD was clogged and so was the inlet txv screens.
    only 60 pounds ?

    must have ran out of jugs ...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    2,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    only 60 pounds ?

    must have ran out of jugs ...
    Yeah, the store owner was pissed as he paid for all that refrigerant that was pumped in by a previous company. And then he didn't want to pay me after i fixed it. He thought a couple ice creams out of the case would be suffecIent payment!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mid-Mo
    Posts
    3,596
    Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    Yeah, the store owner was pissed as he paid for all that refrigerant that was pumped in by a previous company. And then he didn't want to pay me after i fixed it. He thought a couple ice creams out of the case would be suffecIent payment!
    Well you did get some valuable refrigerant right?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    2,892
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    Well you did get some valuable refrigerant right?
    No!!! I can't remeber exactly. But, i do know it's pretty much a now obsoleted blend. Even back then it was too!! Mp66 maybe? I started a thread here when i was working on this system. But, i can't find it anymore. Maybe, the archives do not go back that far.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    I had one like that. Took 60LBS out of a 20lb sack. LLFD was clogged and so was the inlet txv screens.

    Right on. I wasn't aware of this. the temperature at the inlet and the out let of this filter dryer is the same. what a bummer.

    Thanks for the advice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event