Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I can see some possible uses for it but why not replace the o ring and/or make proper flares?

Quote Originally Posted by ar_hvac_man View Post
    I can see some possible uses for it but why not replace the o ring and/or make proper flares?

The whole point of nylog is secondary seal, not primary. I demostrated this video is because my o-ring was damaged and it was a good time to make a video about it. If my o-ring was damaged and I didn't catch it, which is normal for us techs especially when it's hot, then nylog will. Back-up plan is alway good.

I keep hearing about how this stuff " blends with the system oil " yet it looks like chewing gum in the counter display. I'm trying to keep an open mind , but how in the hell is it any good to have that in your system ? And I have seen guys trying to use this to help with flares. I can say with confidence that it does nothing on a 600 psi City - Multi pressure test. Nothing like seeing guys show up to your job with worn out cheap flaring tools and a container of Nylog .

*facepalm ( emote for this please )

Quote Originally Posted by tech45 View Post
    I keep hearing about how this stuff " blends with the system oil " yet it looks like chewing gum in the counter display. I'm trying to keep an open mind , but how in the hell is it any good to have that in your system ? And I have seen guys trying to use this to help with flares. I can say with confidence that it does nothing on a 600 psi City - Multi pressure test. Nothing like seeing guys show up to your job with worn out cheap flaring tools and a container of Nylog .

*facepalm ( emote for this please )
    Nylog is not only a good sealant, but also a lubricant. The thing is cheap for what it does. I used it on all flares/threads/connections even when I vacuum. 600 PSI city? I've never come across a 600 psi system yet, no matter how hot outside, even tho I can be wrong. If I remember correctly, most evap coils hold a maximum of 450 psi? if it is 600, can that explode?

I bought a bottle of it like 5 years ago, and the only thing I ever used it for was little 1/8" NPT and 1/16" NPT fittings. I don't need more little bottles of crap to carry around with me and create extra trips to the van when I inevitably forget it.

Add Nylog to the growing list of stuff I don't need, including
    • digital gauges
    • 1/2" hoses with 1/4" fittings
    • a bluvac micron gauge
    • A "vacuum tree" or "vacuum manifold"
    Keep it simple. This is not astrophysics or neurosurgery.

The key to happiness is lower expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    I bought a bottle of it like 5 years ago, and the only thing I ever used it for was little 1/8" NPT and 1/16" NPT fittings. I don't need more little bottles of crap to carry around with me and create extra trips to the van when I inevitably forget it.

• digital gauges
    • a bluvac micron gauge

How is it possible for you to properly install/service a condensate drain without a vacuum tree????

And I have seen guys trying to use this to help with flares. I can say with confidence that it does nothing on a 600 psi City - Multi pressure test. Nothing like seeing guys show up to your job with worn out cheap flaring tools and a container of Nylog .
    When I'm working on Daikin VRV systems, I use relatively new, rather expensive, flaring tools, including a flare gauge and flare torque wrenches.

I still use a little Nylog, instead of refrigerant oil, on the flare sealing surfaces, and to lube the fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkaiko2002 View Post
    600 PSI city? I've never come across a 600 psi system yet, no matter how hot outside, even tho I can be wrong. If I remember correctly, most evap coils hold a maximum of 450 psi? if it is 600, can that explode?
    The Japanese manufacturers typically call for pressure testing their systems at 550 to 600 psi for 24 hours.
    Especially on commercial VRF systems, you are dealing with a lot piping and connections.

Quote Originally Posted by HVAC/R-Wizard View Post
    How is it possible for you to properly install/service a condensate drain without a vacuum tree????
    Huh?
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post

I still use a little Nylog, instead of refrigerant oil, on the flare sealing surfaces, and to lube the fittings
    I was talking to a engineer few years back about nylog , and he said its merely a kick ass lubricant that allows you to snug the flares just a bit more because it lubes the threads. Nothing special.

I use the stuff all the time on flexible connections on vehicles... where o-rings are. Keeps the o-rings lubed so they can turn easily for a long time.

Whats with all the mindless randomness Ive seen you posting?

Mark ,

Does Daikin sell the flare gauge seperatly ? The last time I checked they did not and I really want one.

lolwut?
    The key to happiness is lower expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post

• digital gauges
    • a bluvac micron gauge

Sounds like something My old Boss would say
    Nylog EH Gonna have to give it a Go sometime

Mark ,

Does Daikin sell the flare gauge seperatly ? The last time I checked they did not and I really want one.
    I was able to buy one from our Daikin distributor.
    Of course they want you to buy the whole took kit, with the flare block, flare gauge, refrigerant gauges, and flare torque wrenches.

I already had a really nice flare block, and enough sets of digitals that I could dedicate one to only use on PVE oil systems, so I just bought the flare gauge and flare torque wrenches in the the only 3 sizes I've needed.

I've found that the flare size gauge will expose any flaws in how well you debur your tubing.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast