Post Likes

Attic ventilation

My soffit ventilation is inadequate with there only being some vented pieces every four feet or so, so I am thinking of just replacing all the soffit with the vented pieces. It is only 12 inch soffit. Is that too much?
    Also, I have two turbines in one of my attics and have been told to reduce it to one because I was told they are pulling against each other. If I eliminate one, then that reduces by half the amount of outgoing ventilation, so wouldn't that cause a bottleneck from the air trying to get out?

Post Likes
    Watch "How to Install Soffit Vents" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/T3UpHs0Ay2o

Sent from my Note3, using, Crapatalk
    "If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process, you don’t know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

All those who wander..are not lost.

Do NOT..mistake my kindness for weakness.

The early bird may get the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.

3. Likes lkapigian liked this post.
    Post Likes

anwser

Where do you live (state?, city?).... MY ADVISE.... Soffit vents are great BUT they work best with ridge vents, or static relief vents...the entire purpose of venting the atDVIStic is two (2) fold. #1 release the moisture from under the decking in the attic so as to prevent moisture from accumulating on bottom decking in the winter, thus preserving the decking. #2 release excess temperature/moisture, which will build in the attic and "if not vented properly "will be forced down and into the conditioned space." That is why Gov't standards are so HI (R-34) for attic insulation, because no one has put 2+2 together.

It is simple science. Thanks

Heat risers and your attic is like a chimney fresh air enters the soffits and escapes >??? Ridge Vent?? Static Relief??
    "NOT TURBINE VENTILATORS"

ADEQUATE FRESH/COOL AIR WILL NOT MOVE THROUGH A TURBINE DEVICE. If it is turning!!!!!. the yturning veins create a "dam" blocking the heated air from escaping " the faster it turns the less air is moving thru it"......

Post Likes
    Ridge vents
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety".

TACLB28744E

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory Wells View Post
    Ridge vents
    I've never been in a hotter attic, than one with ridge vents. The most worthless idea ever. In my honest opinion.

Sent from my Note3, using, Crapatalk
    "If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process, you don’t know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

All those who wander..are not lost.

Do NOT..mistake my kindness for weakness.

The early bird may get the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Post Likes
    Spray foam the roof deck and fuggetaboutit...

8. Likes lions_lair liked this post.