Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ANIMALS!!!

ANIMALS!!!

I was just wondering if anyone had any funny/scary animal encounters. I opened up a condenser this week and found the victim of a capacitor inside.Name:  IMG_1190.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  59.9 KB

Pigeons! I hate them
    Saddle Up!

When I first started out, there was a call for a furnace blower shaking. I removed the blower door, looked inside the wheel, saw something black, and pulled it out. It was a dead bat.

I screamed like a little girl and threw it on the floor.

did a water heater replacement a year or two back, half singed dead squirrel stuck in the flue pipe sitting on the draft hood...couldn't have been too old, no decay...

Quote Originally Posted by 76olds View Post
    When I first started out, there was a call for a furnace blower shaking. I removed the blower door, looked inside the wheel, saw something black, and pulled it out. It was a dead bat.

I screamed like a little girl and threw it on the floor.
    I have pulled so many birds and bats out of draft inducer motors and flue pipes. It's always fun to show the homeowner what I found.

I lift things up and put them down.

Dead cat in blower compartment. Home owner smelled something funky. Got in through open return grill. Showed it to him and had him remove fluffy. Dude was in tears.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Went on a service call for no cooling. I get there and told the unit is in the attic. I go to the t stat and turn it on, I can hear the blower is locked up, so I go to the attic hatch and pull down the stairs, I don't look up as I pull down the stairs to protect my eyes, when I do look up I see a snake above my head, the tail is just above my head, and lower and it would have hit me, the snake is trying to get the other half of him back in the attic.

Thank god it did not fall on me.

I left the attic hatch open, told the customer I would be unable to help her and that she would need another company.

I think his brother or sister was the cause of the blower.
    The opinions expressed by me are not that of my employer.

insulation modern marvels
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g37riSkyZzM

that is hilarious!

12 years of service work I've seen more than enough of natures hacks in units....rats, mice, black widows, brown recluse, squirrels, copperheads, bats, pigeons, raccoons,... That's all I can recall at this time and at least half this list this year alone.
    "The race is to the driven....not the swift."

In 1979 I'm green and think I know it all !!!! Lady has an airflow problem. I get there and she explains sometimes the kitchen and dining room air quits, then all of the vents work, then maybe the rear bedrooms on the front side of house in slab ducts quit. I start looking into it back in the days of no cameras-just your common sense and static readings etc. What she has explained starts happening to me! This perplexes my mind into what the "Hell" is going on. I finally decide to just pull the heater fan cage panel and inspect with a flashlight, nothing out of normal. I find a no air vent in the dining room and pull the floor register and a Steven King Pet Cemetery cat comes out and up about 2 ft airborne and pissed off & runs away! She hugs me, I excuse myself and walk around her driveway cussing out loud like needing a loony bin to check into! After I got over having the crap scared out of me she gladly paid the s/call and gave me a $50 TIP!

ran into a couple of black widows while cleaning the leaves out the bottom of my unit. Had to grab some of that Raid spray. Freaked me out.

How does the boss feel if you refuse to work on a unit because of insects/animals that can possibly kill you?

Got stuck in a loft above a milking parlour due to an angry bull, had to wait till he was far enough away before climbing down and running into the pit where he couldn't reach me! Plus many rats and mice etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast