I went to one of my usual stores that I haven't been to for a few months and found some real gems. It was 95-100 out that day and they were complaining the dining room was hot (t-stat reading 78.) I went up the ladder and things got interesting. I found the cover for the compressor compartment off the unit and one end going into and damaging the condenser for the ice machine.
I hadn't been on the roof for a while, so I didn't think it was my fault. I thought I had at least figured out why the front was hot. Walked up to the front unit and it was running, not off on high head pressure. Someone had SHOVED SCREWS INTO THE CONTACTORS so it had been running 24/7 with head pressure over 400.
I took pictures and emailed them to my boss, he forwarded the images to the facilities manager in the area and let him know what I found just so he knows what is going on. He kindly responded saying that we were the last ones to go up there when I serviced the walk in like 3 months before, essentially blaming us. I talked to the GM and she said that some of the facilities people they have to paint, change castors, and other small stuff were up there looking at the AC a few weeks before.
I pulled the screws out and both compressors shut off. The RTRM board was flashing complete lockout. I turned the unit off, put my gauges on, installed the cover and put it in test mode. Both compressors were operating with head pressure around 350. I cleaned the condenser well and knocked it down to around 290-300. After that everything seemed fine. I cleaned the rest of the condensers and called it a day.
This should all end up getting resolved but it's pretty frustrating when you try and do the right thing and people try and turn it around on you. Anyways enjoy the show.