Thread: Slow Recovery

Cool Slow Recovery

This is just a tech tip.

We have 103 degrees temps, trying to recover a 100 pound system. It just isnt pulling. Shut off the fans on a four stage, two compressor r-22 McQuay DX system.

Pressures on the guages are fine... looking at recovery,,,50 in,,, 450 and climbing tripping out.... what the?!

I can barely crack the hoses on either side and same scenario...shut down recovery unit....

Checked hoses,,,all purge fine.... finally changed out hose set to the recovery unit and BADOW! could open up both full bore with no problem.

Hose restriction causing a huge delay and now I am going to buy me a new set of hoses. Yea me!

Remember that one in the back of your heads and save ya some time.

-----------------
    Fix it like it was the last A/C unit on earth.

I like packing the recovery cylinder with ice, we have a giant ice machine at the shop and plenty of man power to get it where it needs to go. Good catch though.

saw a product in the supply house that looks like a bubba keg made of 3/8" copper coiled, which when hooked (hoses) between the recovery outlet and the cylinder is designed to reduce the pressure. It had some snake oil name, like molecular hydoofinator, or some such slovo.
    The instructions recommended placing the bubba keg in ice. Why not just place one's recovery cylinder in ice and skip the hydoofinator?
    Just sayin'
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

i made a subcooler using 3/8 soft drawn copper. rolled it around an oxy bottle throw it in a 5 gallon bucket with ice water. wah la

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    saw a product in the supply house that looks like a bubba keg made of 3/8" copper coiled, which when hooked (hoses) between the recovery outlet and the cylinder is designed to reduce the pressure. It had some snake oil name, like molecular hydoofinator, or some such slovo.
    The instructions recommended placing the bubba keg in ice. Why not just place one's recovery cylinder in ice and skip the hydoofinator?
    Just sayin'
    I remember at my last job we had a orange cooler that was special made to accept a 50 lbs recovery tank. You would throw some ice in there and the drum stays cool. I haven't seen them since.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Just sayin'
    Because then, they couldn't charge you an arm and a leg for a hydoofinator...

Here is the one that I built, works like a charm.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by a\c don View Post
    Here is the one that I built, works like a charm.
    This is what I built.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.