Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by Shophound View Post
    You're probably right...my remark was made out of frustration for the OP's ongoing tragic saga of getting this resolved.

Funny how folks who design and sell stuff can't find anybody smart enough to fix it when something goes wrong.
    The funny/sad thing is, I diagnosed his problem 2 or 3 years ago in one of his first threads about it, before the Carrier "tech rep" suggested the first of several rounds of repairing things that were blatantly obviously(to anyone who understood what the measurements were all but screaming at them) NOT the problem, to the tune of several thousand dollars worth of work.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    The funny/sad thing is, I diagnosed his problem 2 or 3 years ago in one of his first threads about it, before the Carrier "tech rep" suggested the first of several rounds of repairing things that were blatantly obviously(to anyone who understood what the measurements were all but screaming at them) NOT the problem, to the tune of several thousand dollars worth of work.
    It's tragic, when you think about it. They keep dancing around the problem while remaining in obstinate denial about what the problem truly is! I mean here we are, supposedly low food chain service techs, and rather than try umpteen million things, a form of "poke and hope" diagnostics, we actually analyze the system's behavior and make an informed decision on a remedy. I mean come on...for the OP's system, what CAN'T twenty minutes of time with your SMAN3 and digital duct probe psychrometer tell you about what's going on here? The OEM rep should have a tool chest of resources at his disposal, such as a way to talk with the engineers who designed the thing! Or is everything so compartmentalized these days that the left hand has no idea what the right hand does? Where engineers only understand how it should work, but not know what can go wrong, and how to correct it? To me, if you design and build something, you should know the various ways it could barf all over the end user before you let it out the door.
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

I replied to this post sometime in the past. Not sure when. I just replaced another one of these Bristol recip 2 speeds last week that took a crap. Carrier still has the program where they subsidize the changing of unit. It's a time based scale. They will credit $450 to new compressor. 1-3 years is free new unit. 3.1 -6 years $995 and 6.1-10 years $1995. The customer has to pay whatever labor is involved to their contractor. It's all in the bulletin to give to the customer.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456